- Salary: $52,905 (Step 01) to $68,777 (Step 10); NOTE: First time hires to the Federal Government are typically hired at the Step 01.
There is one vacancy; however, this announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies if they become available.
As a Hydrologist within the Idaho Water Science Center, some of your specific duties will include:
- Plans, conducts and reports on hydrologic interpretive investigations.
- Collects and analyzes hydrologic data relating to ground-water, surface-water and quality-water.
- Prepares and interprets reports summarizing the results of hydrologic investigations.
- Assists higher level Hydrologists in developing project proposals.
- Operates a motor vehicle as an incidental driver.
The work requires frequent physical exertion while conducting field portions of project work and with inspection of ongoing operations, including walking over rough, rocky, or uneven terrain; lifting and carrying equipment and supplies; and wading in streams in all types of weather.
The work involves some degree of risk when conducting on-the-ground assessment of operations as well as exposure to moderate discomfort from such extremes as heat, cold, and inclement weather.