The Science, Knowledge and Engagement Division are seeking various Assistant Directors to work within the Communications and Engagement team.
The Assistant Director, Engagement works closely with the Engagement team and wider Branch to provide strategic advice, manage engagement projects, and support engagement activities for the MDBA.
The Assistant Director, Communications works closely with the Communications team and wider Branch to provide strategic advice, manage channels and develop and deliver communication products and services for the MDBA.
Assistant Directors must work across the Branch to provide connected advice and services for business areas – on engagement, media and communications.
In this position you will have direct supervisory responsibilities for APS level staff and hold key relationships with MDBA business areas, which may be located across the MDBA office network.
Applicants may nominate their area of interest (Communication team or Engagement team), noting that the successful applicant/s with relevant skills and experience may have the opportunity to work across the engagement and communication functions.
To be successful within the position you will:
• Provide strategic advice and support for MDBA business areas and the team on internal and external engagement and/or communication.
• Provide guidance and direction within the Branch and agency on engagement and/or communication to build capacity and knowledge of best-practice.
• Develop and implement engagement and/or communication strategies for the major priorities and projects in the MDBA
• Manage the delivery of engagement and/or communications services for the MDBA—product development, design, production, events.
• Guide and implement the direction of external and internal engagement and/or communication channels including the MDBA website, internal channels, and support for stakeholder engagement.
• Write key messages aligned with communication objectives and tailor to relevant channels and audiences.
• Evaluate effectiveness of communication and/or engagement strategies, with recommendations for future.
• Provide direct supervision for APS level communication staff, fulfilling related HR, financial and reporting
To apply and find out further information, visit www.mdba.gov.au/careers