The Senior Green Growth Analyst is in charge of leading research/analysis-based advisory work in the GGGI UAE program and providing technical inputs to the development, delivery and assessment of work programs; organizing activities across green growth planning, capacity building and country-specific knowledge development for effective result delivery under biannual/annual program plans; maintaining effective program reporting and communication internally and externally in line with GGGI corporate policies, standards and protocols.
Senior Green Growth Analyst will report directly to the UAE Country Representative.
- Advise Country Team and Representative with evidence and data-driven substantive inputs and analyses on program activity development, implementation and assessment.
- Provide the UAE Team with technical inputs and analyses on program development, implementation and assessment.
- Collaborate with other country teams, units and divisions of GGGI on joint opportunities to ensure integrated delivery as “One GGGI”.
- Maintain good professional relations and practice utmost flexibility with partner governments and other key stakeholders to respond to their changing needs and expectations.
- Advise GGGI on opportunities for further engagement in the national and regional context.
- Carry out analytical work in the following areas:
- UAE Green Agenda impact monitoring and evaluation
- Climate change adaptation and resilience focusing on the sectors of public health, energy, infrastructure, environment, and insurance.
- Sustainable consumption and production (e.g. Green Industry)
- Green growth indicators and macroeconomic assessment
- Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs)
- Private sector engagement in the green economy
- Green growth best practices focusing on the Gulf region
- Other green growth/climate change-related topics
- Provide technical support to partner governments on policy issues on green growth and sustainable development in line with national priorities and international practices.
- Support the development and application of tools and methodologies related to specific technical areas of climate change adaptation and mitigation.
- Apply institutional strategy (“GGGI’s Strategy 2030”) and country engagement strategy (“Country Planning Framework”) to the design and development of program plans and activities in alignment with GGGI’s core values and corporate priorities.
- Analyze country context and evolving green growth needs and priorities and integrate them into the design and implementation of country programs and activities.
- Carry out results reporting and communication of program activities internally and externally.
- Support business development activities including scoping research, proposal writing, client needs analysis, early intelligence on future demand in the international development market.
- Perform data collection, synthesis, and analyses for different projects to help build green growth knowledge base at the country level.
- Communicate project results and analyses through different communication tools such as infographic, results reporting templates, insight briefs, policy summary reports, etc.
- Identify project delivery issues and ensure effective coordination of project activities and resources to ensure attainment of objectives against established time frames.
- Develop execution modality, including stakeholder consultation meetings and workshops, capacity building programs, etc.
- Capture lessons learned in project management to support refinement/improvement of existing policies and procedures.
- Education: An advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in environmental economics, public policy, international development, statistics or other disciplines related to green growth and sustainable development. A Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline with additional years of relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of a Master’s Degree
- Work Experience: Minimum 7 years of professional experience in the above fields; with at least 2 years of international experience; experience in the UAE and Gulf region is an asset.
- Experience in public policy or project management is an asset; direct experience in green growth/climate policy projects in developing countries will be a strong advantage.
- Knowledge, experience, and understanding of GGGI’s focus areas.
- Knowledge of global issues and initiatives in the area of climate change, green growth, sustainable development; green jobs are a plus.
- Highly proficient in written and spoken English; Arabic is an asset.
- Strong understanding of climate change mitigation and adaptation, of green growth and/or sustainable development in the context of oil-rich countries, and of sectoral issues and policy and regulatory approaches in the Gulf region.
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative skills; project management and capacity building; stakeholder engagement; communication and outreach; ability to work effectively with multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work under pressure and to establish and maintain effective work relationships with people of different backgrounds.
- Understands and actively supports GGGI’s mission, vision and values.
- Promotes an organizational culture of trust, transparency, respect and partnership,
- Processes and shares information easily and is excellent at problem solving.
- Manages emotions and stress positively, builds rapport and resolves conflict easily.
- Promotes creativity and innovation among staff.
- Maintain a high degree of professional integrity with a stewardship of public resources.
- Process and share information easily and be excellent at problem-solving.
- Manage deadlines and stress positively, build rapport, and resolve conflict easily; and promote creativity and innovation among staff.
“Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply”