It’s hard to believe that today over 650 million people still don’t have clean, safe water and over 2.3 billion live without a toilet. In Southern Africa, with our regional office based in South Africa, we are working together with our partners and communities to bring safe access to water, sanitation and hygiene in Lesotho, Malawi, Madagascar, Mozambique, Swaziland and Zambia.
If you want to make a mark, the role of Regional Technical Advisor (RTA) for the Southern Africa Region of WaterAid is for you. The role will give you chance to innovate in both service delivery and technical WASH solutions. At the same time you will collaborate with and learn from a community of technical experts across the globe.
Working as part of the Senior Management Team, the RTA will lead on ensuring that the technical quality of delivery and technical competence and of our CPs and partners are consistent with best practice and global programme standards. As lead technical person, the role provides independent advice and assurance to senior programme staff and regional leadership to ensure scalable, sustainable and equitable service delivery across the region. Key accountabilities are to:
- Provide technical support to CPs in respect of approaches and technologies for WASH;
- Support and guide capacity development in CPs and partners in terms of skills and experience;
- Ensure quality assurance and adequate monitoring and evaluation through reviewing quality and proposing remedial action;
- Support learning, innovation and knowledge management through documenting and sharing learnings and promoting CP understanding of technical issues;
- Develop partnerships and work collaboratively with regional role players to deepen our knowledge and promote our experience.
- Actively encourage innovation in the technical spheres of our work, explore possibilities of these being scaled up and replicated;
Contact us if you:
- Have obtained Masters Degree or equivalent with specialisation in water, sanitation, environment or another WASH-related area.
- Have solid experience of giving WASH technical advice at a country or regional level in Southern Africa, operating at a managerial level
- Are technically-competent: with a good understanding of global best practice in the sector;
- Are an innovator: able to improve both service delivery and technical WASH solutions;
- Can write analytically, reviewing programmes, policies and practices with the aim of informing and educating others an influencer inside and outside of the organisation;
- Have a track record of influencing changes in policies and practices and are able to provide knowledge in the sector.
If you are interested in the position and have the right skills and attributes, send your application, consisting of a letter of interest and a CV, clearly indicating details of your current remuneration package and providing details of at least three work related references via email to [email protected], using ‘RTA Southern Africa’ as the subject of the email.
Please note: in order to apply for this role you must be eligible to work in one of the countries where we operate in, in Southern Africa and you must have experience in WASH in Southern Africa.
By 2030 we want everyone everywhere to have clean water, sanitation and hygiene. We need you to help us make it happen. If you bring your expertise, passion and professionalism, we’ll give you a lot back.
Only candidates short-listed for interviewing will be contacted within two weeks of the closing date for applications.
No recruitment agencies please.