Professor is responsible for the overall leading, coordinating and managing both the academic and administrative activities of the Chair of Rural Building and Water Management.
- leading R&D activity of the chair of Rural building and water management, incl. particular disciplines such as: Building structures, timber and timber-based structures, local natural insulation- and finishing materials, mechanics of the building materials and structures, embodied energy, durability of buildings and structures, building physics, construction management, renovation of buildings, agricultural- and production buildings, hydraulic structures, structures for aquaculture and fish migration, drainage and irrigation, water supply, hydro power, applied hydrology, hydraulics, water purification and water pollution control structures, waste management technologies;
- conducting and directing R&D work of the chair;
- successfully initiating and leading research projects;
- managing organization of studies, incl. supervising of MSc & PhD students;
- creating motivating and intellectually stimulating environment for the chair
- Communication and cooperation with employers in the building and water management sectors, incl. governmental and private enterprises, professional unions and public.