LUT School of Engineering Science is looking for a professor in Biological water treatment.
The position is situated at the associate professor or full professor levels of the tenure track. The position will be filled for a fixed term of four years (associate professor) or until further notice (full professor).
The field of the professorship includes particularly biological and/or biochemical processes for wastewater treatment.
The research may include but is not limited to
- the valorisation of wastewater and different fractions separated from wastewaters
- enzymatic processes
- the modelling of biological treatment
- aerobic and anaerobic biological processes.
The associate professor/full professor is expected to present strong research merits in the field of the professorship and proof of successful project work and research collaboration. Proof of and potential in high-impact international publishing and the acquisition of external funding are especially expected. Documented cross-disciplinary and international cooperation is considered an advantage.
The professor must be ready to shape the research field as needed based on the demands of education and research. He or she needs to collaborate across disciplines within the school and with other LUT research groups. Specifically, collaboration with other groups in e.g. filtration, membrane filtration and precipitation to design, dimension and perform cost analyses of wastewater treatment processes is expected in the professorship.
The appointment process description explains the qualification requirements and tenure track appointment criteria.
The application and its appendices must be in English. The application must include:
- your curriculum vitae
- a copy of your doctoral diploma
- a full list of your publications, including the total number of publications in the Web of Science and Scopus databases, the total number of citations, the h-index and Scopus ID. In addition, equivalent information from the applicant’s Google Scholar profile is required
- a separate list of the publications submitted for expert evaluation (max. 10)
- all publications listed for evaluation by experts (max. 10)
- a teaching portfolio or an equivalent account of your teaching qualifications
- your account of the merits and activities of significance to the vacancy (max. 3 pages)
- an account of your vision on the development of education, research and projects in the field of the professorship at LUT University (max. 3 pages).
Please specify the tenure track level applied to. The work starts with a six-month trial period.
The closing date for applications is 14 April 2020 at midnight, Finnish local time (UTC + 3 h). Please submit your application by filling out the online form.
For further information, please contact Professor Mika Mänttäri, tel. +358 40 7342 192, [email protected].
Clean energy, water and air, a circular economy and sustainable business are the key questions of humankind to which LUT University seeks solutions through technology and business. Our international community is comprised of 6,300 students and experts engaged in scientific research and academic education. Our campuses are located in Lappeenranta and Lahti, Finland.