The purpose of this contract is to provide capacity building support for transforming the Water Resources Management Agency (WRMA/AMBU) into a fully functional, effective and efficient institution in fulfilling its legal functions, tasks and responsibilities.
The project is complex in that it covers the entire spectrum of AMBU responsibilities and reaches out in certain cases to the large number of beneficiaries and stakeholders in the water sector. It is also intended that there shall be a good level of flexibility in the implementation and the project shall be able to respond to changed priorities if such occur.
Only the experts meeting the set criteria will be shortlisted and contacted.
• Master degree in water resources management/engineering or related fields.
• Additional post-graduate degree in management with duration of at least one academic year would be considered an advantage.
Professional experience required
• Post-graduate professional experience of at least 20 years working in water resource management, of which 15 years involving institutional capacity building/enhancement for relevant governmental agencies.
• EU member state experience for at least 2 years out of the minimum general professional experience.
• Experience in a management position (Team Leader), leading a team of experts dealing with development of plans/strategies for at least two (2) projects on management of water resources financed from the EU budget or from multilateral IFI loans carried out in the EU, accession or pre-accession countries.
• Experience as an expert responsible for the preparation of policies and legislation in coordination with government agencies, stakeholders, other ministries for national and transboundary water resources management and development of institutional reform strategies.
• Experience in working on at least two plans or strategies for water resources at national level.
• Prior experience from Albania and Western Balkan EU accession countries would be a strong preference.
• Experience in working with water user interactions and establishing water risk management systems is an advantage.
• Experience in integrating cross-cutting aspects (gender, conflict and environment/climate change) in water resources management is an advantage.
Expected in September 2020
Deadline For Applications