This position will be a collaborative appointment between the North East Catchment Management Authority and North East Water. The position aims to provide an Indigenous person with an opportunity to gain Natural Resource Management skills and experience through the support of projects within both organisations. The positions primary employer will be the North East Catchment Management Authority.
We have an excellent opportunity for a person who has:
· TAFE accredited/industry-based training courses or knowledge and skills gained through on-the-job training.
· Knowledge and experience of Indigenous culture and society in Victoria and an understanding of the key indigenous issues, particularly in relation to caring for country.
· Demonstrated sound interpersonal skills including the ability to develop effective professional working relationships, work effectively as a member of a multi-disciplinary team and sustain individual stakeholder relationships.
· Demonstrated time management and organisational skills with the capacity to plan, co-ordinate, organise and complete own work within a short-term timeframe.
We will offer you:
· A great regional location.
· A challenging and rewarding career move.
· A flexible and friendly work environment.
· An ideal mix of field and office work.
If successful, you will join the North East Catchment Management Authority (CMA) as an Indigenous Officer delivering a range of projects for both organisations.
We have flexibility in offering either full time, or part time arrangement for a fixed term up until 30 June 2022. The role will be based in either the Wodonga. The salary package from $51,516 will be negotiated based on experience.
The North East CMA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women and people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island descent to be part of an organisation that promotes a diverse and productive workplace environment.
You will need to supply a covering letter, address the key selection criteria and provide a current resume as per the Recruitment Information Kit. This kit can be downloaded from this Article as a PDF below.
Applications must be received by 11:59 pm Sunday 12 April 2020. Applications will ONLY be accepted via the North East CMA Website.
Apply for this position here: http://www.necma.vic.gov.au/About-Us/Employment-opportunities/Jobs.
For a confidential discussion regarding this position call Jane Young, Executive Manager Business Strategy and Partnerships M: 0428 111 476. Website: www.necma.vic.gov.au
Phone: 1300 216 513