International short-term experts for GIZ “Support to Policy Harmonisation” of the IWRM
The programme “Support to Integrated Catchment Management (ICM) in Lesotho” – agreed between the Government of Lesotho and the EU Delegation in April 2019 – is supported by the BMZ programme “Transboundary Water Management in the SADC region (TWM)” (implemented by GIZ) and aims that “ICM facilitates socio-economic development and adaptation to climate change in Lesotho”. Its specific objective is to institutionalise ICM and is fully functional, based on gender equality and climate adaptation principles.
The proposed consulting service supports Output 1 of the multi-donor program, which aims at the alignment of national policies for ICM along the regional guidelines, facilitates cooperation and the community use of resources and improves water resource and land management. GIZ is seeking to procure the services of a contractor (consultancy firm or consortium) to carry out various analyses and studies to support an effective policy framework for ICM in Lesotho. The support includes amongst others:
-mapping and assessment of relevant national policies and laws;
-examining the implementation status of regional instruments;
-studies on local level regulations of land and water use;
-and the development of a policy reform strategy.
- Conceptualisation, desk reviews of literature and secondary data, qualitative and quantitative primary data collection and analysis, report writing of selected analyses and studies;
- Consultation with stakeholders to design participatory processes, promote ownership and utilisation of products and recommendations developed;
- Presentation and discussion of preliminary and final findings with GIZ, its partners and other key stakeholders;
- Education/training: post-graduate university qualification in political science, law, public administration or related discipline related to policy reform
- Language: very good language skills in English (C1 or equivalent)
- General professional experience: 10 years of experience in the area of policy analysis and reform,
10 years of professional experience in the water, natural resources, rural development, agricultural or related sector;
- Specific professional experience: 5 years of professional experience in policy research;
- Regional experience: 5 years of experience in Southern Africa