Qualifications and Requirements:
- Civil Engineering degree or high degree in waterway design, maritime infrastructure or related discipline;
- 15 years of highly skilled and experienced in planning, design, construction and operation of large gauge navigation locks;
- Experience in design of navigation locks in associated development with hydropower projects;
- Sound knowledge of transport economics;
- Possibility to rely and call-upon a back-office support from an experienced firm in charge of designing or operating large gauge inland waterways;
- Knowledge of the Mekong river basin and experience in the riparian countries is an advantage;
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English;
- Besides required qualities, immediate availability will be considered as an advantage to the selection process.
Interested applicants may find more information about the position through the Terms of Reference on the top right corner of this page. MRC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Women are especially encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
The application, in a single PDF file, must include (i) a cover letter outlining clearly how the candidate meets the requirements of the position and (ii) a detailed CV by register at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LZPQDVB. The position title and division must be indicated in the cover letter. The MRC offers challenging job with attractive compensation package.
Closing date for applications: 3 April 2020