The German Red Cross is part of a world-wide community assisting victims of conflict and disaster and people affected by social or health related crisis. The Red Cross / Red Crescent Movement provides vulnerable people with assistance without discrimination as to nationality, race, religious beliefs, class or political opinions and adheres to the seven principles of the Movement: Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary Service, Unity and Universality. The German Red Cross assists in disaster response, rehabilitation and capacity building projects internationally on appeals of their sister organisations within the movement.
The German Red Cross (GRC) together with its partner the Bangladesh Red Crescent Society (BDRCS) and in close coordination with other Red Cross / Red Crescent Movement partners supports the “Population Movement Operation – PMO” in Cox`s Bazar in Bangladesh. PMO is an umbrella programme of initiatives to assist the displaced people from Rakhine state (Myanmar) as well as the local communities in Cox`s Bazar hosting them. The GRC is currently consolidating its emergency relief programme, which started in 2017, and is exploring longer term community-based services which include the following components: shelter, wash, livelihoods, disaster risk management and capacity building elements.
The GRC is seeking a Programme Coordinator with WASH experience to manage the Field office in Cox’s Bazar.
Duration: starting latest on 15th May 2020 for an initial period of 12 months with the possibility for extension
Location: GRC Field Office Cox´s Bazar, Bangladesh
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Implement a comprehensive response strategy for the GRC support to the BDRCS – Population Movement Operation (PMO)
- Secure the implementation of currently three GRC projects and future activities in the Sector of WASH/ Livelihood and DRR
- Manage the GRC Field Office in Cox’s Bazar following GRC guidelines and procedures
- Support and supervise all international and local staff working in Cox’s Bazar
- Represent the GRC at Cox’s Bazar level externally and internally
- Ensure transparent and timely financial management, project reporting
- Secure procurements following GRC’s and back donor’s guidelines
- Ensure communication, coordination and reporting to the GRC Country Office and the GRC Headquarters (Berlin)
- Explore possibilities for cooperation within the RC/RC Movement and with external partners in Cox’s Bazar
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a management position, including confirmed experience in leading and managing staff, teams and substantial budgets
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in the field of WASH
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the field of relief, recovery and/or disaster risk reduction programmes (preferably in Asia)
- Working experience with the Red Cross / Crescent Movement
- Strong project management skills, particularly in PCM and participatory methods
- Profound knowledge and proven experience in M&E, incl. reporting
- Profound experience with the acquisition and implementation of donor funded projects (e.g. ECHO, Federal Foreign Office (AA), The Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ))
- Sound financial management, controlling and monitoring skills
- Knowledge of Red Cross / Red Crescent principles with willingness to adhere to them
- Oral and written fluency in English
- Readiness to work in remote areas
- Good interpersonal skills, the ability to communicate clearly and effectively and build relationships at all levels, taking into account cultural and language differences
- Ability to complete a thorough medical screening process ‘working abroad under specific climate and health conditions’
- Valid Driving Licence
What we offer you:
You will be part of a highly motivated professional and multicultural team. We offer you a compensation package according to the collective employment agreement of the GRC. The accommodation in Cox’s Bazar will be covered by the GRC. In addition to a full insurance package GRC is covering a home flight within a 12-months period of assignment. Medical check-ups and Psychosocial Support Service are included in your assignment and last but not least a comprehensive training package as well as briefings prior, during and after your mission will complete your employment.
Kindly apply by submitting your application by using the GRC online application system
DRK HRnet (https://drkhrnet.de) until 13.04.2020.
Please indicate Ref. No. 2020-034 with your application.
Deutsches Rotes Kreuz e.V.
– Generalsekretariat –
Team Justitiariat und Personal
– SG Personal –
Mail: [email protected]