Water Stewardship Senior Manager
Danone is looking for a WATER STEWARDSHIP SENIOR MANAGER France (FR) Evian Danone is a global food company holding top positions in healthy food through its four businesses: Fresh Dairy Products, Early Life Nutrition, Waters, and Medical Nutrition. Its mission, bringing health through food to as many people as possible, embodies commitment to human progress and business success. It gives meaning to the work of our 100,000 Danoners worldwide on an everyday basis. For passionate people looking for autonomy and exciting career opportunities, Danone truly has something special inside!
This position is based in Evian (France, 74) and requires some weeks of traveling worldwide by year.
The Water Stewardship Senior Manager plays a supportive role to the Water Cycle team in the planning, coordination, and implementation of Danone’s multi-sectoral landscape-based water stewardship interventions in the different geographies where the company operates. He/She would have the role of undertaking activities including: supporting the water stewardship acceleration plan; leading program planning, designing project business plan, implementing work plans; providing technical assistance with projects on the ground; assisting in day to day tasks related to program execution.
- Manage the water stewardship projects portfolio of the Danone Waters Division
- Coordinate with local team leaders the management of the water stewardship task forces
- Design and Lead water stewardship internal governance (Water Stewardship Committee)
- Support the implementation of the Water Stewardship approach of the Danone Waters WBU, help advocate and promote collective actions in catchment governance, engage local teams in water stewardship process, support monitoring of activities and build interest/incentives in improved water resources management.
- Implement existing initiatives related to Danone’s water stewardship strategy in specific projects
- In support of the Water Resources Science & Water Stewardship Director – undertake standard project management tasks as appropriate including drafting project concepts, preparation of budgets and work plans, support the management and supervision of contracts with consultants and partners, summarize efforts and performance indicators of actions carried out in water stewardship projects, as well as completing timely reports to Danone top management.
Perform any other project related activities/duties as required and directed by the Water Resources Science & Water Stewardship Director.
We offer you:
- The opportunity to join a team with high energy and strong convictions to achieve our environmental objectives
- An international approach of Water issues.
Your assets for this role:
- Masters’-level degree in an appropriate field (natural resource management / environment / / sustainability/ economics/ business / political science);
- At least 10 years of experience of work in the public and/or the private sector and being able to demonstrate understanding of private sector approaches to managing natural resources.
- Good technical background in water cycle, shared water challenges and environmental management (water resources, ecosystems and biodiversity, water access, …)
- Good skills in data base and GIS, as well as in communication
- Management of teams – indirectly or directly Good project management skills and proven initiative, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Accountability and a commitment to Danone’s vision & mission.
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural context and the ability to respect and work well with people from different cultures and backgrounds.
- Excellent communication skills in English – including writing, speaking and listening. Skills in Spanish would be a “plus”.
- Valid Driver’s License