Winrock is seeking resumes for local technical roles in the anticipated Vietnam Biodiversity Conservation activity. This position will be based in Vietnam. The anticipated project will improve the conservation of biodiversity and management of natural resources and critical ecosystems at key sites.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with additional information on the positions available. These positions do not include expat benefits and require the candidate to be eligible to work in Vietnam without sponsorship from Winrock. Donor-funded project experience required.
Positions are contingent upon receipt of donor funding.
- Lead project technical direction and activity implementation on conservation law enforcement and environmental crimes
- Identify and build on successful practices in combating illegal, unregulated, and unreported flora and fauna trade
- Develop technical reports, workshop materials, presentations, and other materials relevant to conservation law enforcement and environmental crimes for project staff, professional bodies, and external stakeholders
- Facilitate relationship-building with relevant government agencies, civil society organizations, and other local stakeholders on conservation law enforcement related activities
- Provide management oversight to project staff and activities related to improving law enforcement capacity, coordination for monitoring, detection, arrests, prosecutions, convictions, and penalties
- Visit project areas regularly to assure progress towards activity objectives and goals
- Support and monitor the implementation of annual work plans and progress report preparation, monitoring all deliverables and contribute to monitoring performance indicators
- Support knowledge management and continued project learning across all stakeholders
- Carry out other tasks as assigned by the project leadership and Winrock’s Home Office
QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND:
- Five years of team leader experience in Vietnam
- Advanced degree in law, biology, environment, policy, management or related field
- Localized knowledge of legal, policy, judicial, and tenure issues in Vietnam related to environmental crime and conservation law enforcement
- Experience working with law enforcement, rangers, and communities on monitoring and managing illegal environmental activities
- In depth experience working with the Government of Vietnam on biodiversity and conservation initiatives
- Strong relationships and networks in the Vietnam conservation, legal, and law enforcement community
- Proficiency in English, both spoken and written. Native fluency in Vietnamese
- Experience with USAID-funded projects preferred
About Winrock International
Winrock International is a recognized leader in U.S. and international development with a focus on social, agricultural and environmental issues. Inspired by its namesake, Winthrop Rockefeller, Winrock combines scientific and technical expertise with entrepreneurial innovation to deliver market-based solutions that improve lives around the world. Winrock’s mission is to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity and sustain natural resources across the globe.
Learn more about our projects: www.winrock.org