ECODIT is an international development ﬁrm working with governments, businesses, and local communities to advance environmentally- and socially-responsible development around the world. We provide technical assistance services ranging from quick-turnaround assessments and evaluations to design and implementation of long-term multi-million-dollar projects. Since its founding in 1993, ECODIT has provided professional services through more than 250 projects/contracts to diverse clients in more 50+ countries. Building on our track record of success, we have continuously expanded the depth and breadth of our expertise in the water, energy, environment, and urban and local governance sectors.
ECODIT is seeking Chief of Party (COP) candidates for the anticipated USAID Global Water Communication and Knowledge Management II (Water CKM II) Project. Water CKM II will provide services for communications and knowledge management to create, capture and share water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) sector knowledge internally and among a wide range of stakeholders; and enhance communication and outreach to inform and engage key audiences using multiple approaches and channels. These services will build on current support to USAID partners to increase awareness of USAID WASH activities and amplify USAID WASH sector knowledge creation, sharing and learning.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Chief of Party (COP) will oversee all strategic, technical and operational aspects for the anticipated USAID Global Waters Communication and Knowledge Management II (Water CKM II) Project. This is a highly visible role responsible for stakeholder coordination and engagement as well as a wide range of technical activities requiring strong understanding of global water security issues, including, but not limited to: water sector governance, water sector financing, water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH), and water resources management. The position also requires a background in communications and knowledge management, preferably in the international development sector.
The COP will bear primary responsibility for all technical aspects of project performance as well as the effective, efficient, and timely implementation of all activities including management of staff and consultants, oversight of work plans and project financial management. The COP will be the main representative to USAID and implementing partners, ensuring ongoing coordination. The COP is responsible for achieving the project’s expected results as well as for ensuring that administrative, financial and contracting systems are functioning to support the project’s success.
Specifically, the COP will:
- Liaise with the USAID Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR) and other members of USAID’s Water Office and Bureau for Food Security (FS) to ensure the timely production of high-quality deliverables that respond to the Agency’s priorities and needs;
- Provide overall contract, financial and technical management for the project;
- Oversee team performance, assure quality and timeliness, and manage project resources;
- Lead work planning and prepare/review and submit technical and progress reports to the COR;
- Supervise a team of long-term personnel and short-term consultants and provide leadership in staff mentorship and professional development;
- Leverage linkages across project components for the purpose of improving the relevance and quality of communications and knowledge management products;
- Contribute to the design and implementation of communications, knowledge management and learning activities;
- Coordinate Water CKM II Project activities with other central USAID water sector support mechanisms/contracts; and
- Perform other tasks and duties as necessary for the success of the project and as requested by USAID.
Desired Experience & Qualifications
- Advanced degree (Master’s minimum) in environmental or health science, organizational learning, knowledge management, communications, or other field appropriate to the project’s Statement of Work (SOW)
- A minimum of ten (10) years of project management and supervisory experience, with significant experience working in an international development context
- Demonstrated familiarity with the U.S. Government Global Water Strategy, USAID’s Water and Development Plan, and water-related policies and tools
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Prior experience with USAID projects, procedures, regulations and reporting requirements. Previous COP experience highly desirable
- Fluency in one or more relevant languages (e.g., French, Spanish) preferred
This position offers an excellent opportunity for professional and career development within a reputable small business poised for significant growth. Compensation is commensurate with background and experience. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV immediately. The firm is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only select candidates will be contacted; no phone calls or emails please.