Chief of Party (Jordan Water Governance Activity)
Research Triangle Institute (RTI) is an independent, nonprofit research institute dedicated to improving the human condition. Around the globe, RTI brings together private- and public-sector stakeholders to manage natural resources and promote sustainable livelihoods while conserving unique biodiversity. By enhancing institutions, policy, and technical capacity, we improve WASH service delivery and strengthen forest and renewable energy systems and sector management. Combining scientific rigor and technical proficiency, we deliver innovative methods, reliable data, thorough analysis, and novel technologies for sustainable programs that help inform public policy and ground practice in evidence.
RTI is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for the anticipated USAID funded, Jordan Water Governance Activity. The purpose of the activity is to increase accountable, sustainable, water sector management and governance by supporting and strengthening the Government of Jordan’s reform, policy development and implementation, and capacity-building efforts. This position will be based in Amman, Jordan.
- Responsible for overall management of the project including technical, administrative, financial, operational and logistical management
- Provides overall project vision and leadership; manage overall project design and delivery
- Fosters and maintains effective, professional relations with a broad range of government counterparts, local organizations, donors and other stakeholders for successful implementation
- Oversees preparation and delivery of high-quality deliverables to USAID, including quarterly, annual, and other reports required by the contract. This includes providing project data and information, reviewing documents for accuracy, and writing relevant sections as agreed with the home office
- Ensures synergies across technical components of the project; establish good team planning, coordination, deployment of resources, and intra-team communication efforts in support of the project objectives
- Minimum 15 years of relevant professional experience (water sector reform, water demand management, water/energy conservation and efficiency)
- Master’s degree in a related field;
- Prior experience with USAID projects, procedures, policies, regulations and reporting requirements; past Chief of Party experience highly desirable
- Demonstrated skills in building, mobilizing, and leading multidisciplinary teams;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in English is required; Arabic desirable
- Experience working in Middle East region;