Released By: LSHO – HR
Job Title : PROJECT COORDINATOR
Date of Release: 18 March 2020
Last Date of Receipt of Applications: 27 March 2020
Reporting To: State Coordinator
No. of Positions: 01
Location: Head Office, Secunderabad
REF/NO.: PC-WASH- 157
PROJECT COORDINATOR – WASH
LEPRA Society is a pan-India health and development organization working for the people affected by Leprosy and other neglected diseases to transform their lives and overcome poverty, discrimination and disability. LEPRA endeavors to diagnose, facilitate treatment to those affected and help them to rehabilitate into the mainstream of the society. LEPRA works in collaborations with the Government and other funding agencies to reach into most inaccessible villages of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Assam, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Odisha and Madhya Pradesh states.
About project: Water & Sanitation Project with an aim to “Improved access to water, sanitation and hygiene practices in health care facilities / infrastructure” with the support of Water Aid in Hyderabad. Project enhance the capacities of the health facilities/staff on water, sanitation and hygiene practices and also advocates with the state/district administration to strengthen the health facilities by allocating sufficient funds.
The position is responsible for Project Management, Advocacy, Capacity building, Research, prepare reports and coordination. This Project will be initially for nine months up to December 2020; will be renewed on continuation of the project.
Location : Head Office, Secunderabad
What you would do:
• Lead on all the Water, Sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) related technical assistance, strategies and implementation of activities as defined in the project proposal and work plan.
• Establish and Manage working relation with diverse set of stakeholders – INGOs, bilateral agencies, government department and donor.
• Working with the Communications Team to ensure effective documentation of the work being implemented
• Take lead in conceptualizing and organizing city level consultations /workshops / conferences as required in the project
• Ensuring adherence to technical standards and compliance to technical guidelines and policies in in the projects
• Ensure quality monitoring of project implemented
• Undertaking budget management and donor reporting
• Developing and communicating monthly, quarterly progress reports, semi-annual reports etc.
• Provide supervision and technical support to other team members, which requires delegation of responsibilities and assignments, performance monitoring and evaluation as well as jointly coordinating activities for the development and management of new activities.
• Lead and manage the team to ensure objectives of the project are met effectively within the desired timeline.
• Develop specific advocacy plans in project intervention areas and promote sustained engagement with government and private stakeholders
• Participate in relevant meetings that have bearing on the project as required including management meetings.
• Perform other related duties as assigned by the Manager
What you would need to have:
• Should possess MSW/MA from recognized university
• Must have proficiency in the local language and dialects.
• Should have a minimum of 5-7 years of experience in Project Management, Capacity Building, SHG movement, watershed movement, literacy etc.
• Project Management, Advocacy, Capacity building, Research, prepare reports and coordination
• Proficiency in verbal and written communication in English
• Good IT awareness and computer skills
• Willingness to travel
Salary: Rs.55,000/- ( CTC) per month; all benefits as per project budget.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
How to apply?
If you have the skills and necessary experience and are interested in this role please email your application along with detailed resume in the specified format downloaded from www.leprasociety.org (careers column) to [email protected] specifying the REF.NO in the subject line or by post/courier specifying the REF.NO & post applied for on the cover of the application to: Head – Finance & Operations, LEPRA Society, P.No.17, Krishnapuri Colony, West Marredpally, Secunderabad – 500 026.