The global objective of the assignment is to support the Kenyan energy sector, in particular
KenGen, and to contribute to climate change mitigation, increasing the renewable energy power
generation in Kenya, diversifying the energy resources (vis-à-vis predominant geothermal
energy) and meeting the peak load.
Only the experts meeting the set criteria will be shortlisted and contacted
– Must possess at least a master’s degree or equivalent qualification in civil engineering, hydro engineering, electrical engineering or a related discipline;
– Fluent in English
Professional experience required
– At least 6 years of experience in the infrastructure sector ;
– Previous experience in pre-feasibility and feasibility studies in hydropower sector ;
– Previous experience in assessment of existing information for hydropower projects ;
– At least 2 references of experience in hydropower projects of at least 5MW as hydropower/ power mechanics engineer ;
– Previous working experience in Sub-Saharan Africa is an advantage.
Minimum of 80 days for the position of team leader (370 on Team Level))
the 2nd of May 2020
Deadline For Applications