SNV is a not-for-profit international development organization that applies practical know-how to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty. We use our extensive and long-term in-country presence to apply and adapt our top-notch expertise in agriculture, energy and WASH to local contexts. SNV has an annual turnover of €130 million, over 1,250 staff in more than 25 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organization that uses project financing to implement our mission. This requires us to work efficiently and to invest in operational excellence.
In its new Strategic Plan period (2019 – 2022), SNV will more explicitly aim for systems change during project preparation and implementation – by strengthening institutions and kick-starting markets that help many more to escape poverty beyond our projects. We will continue to position ourselves as a premium organization, with decentralized management.
For more information on our operations in Kenya and SNV generally visit our website: www.snv.org
SNV Kenya is implementing a 4 year WASH programme that targets improving service delivery in the Arid and Semi-Arid Lands (ASAL) in Kenya. We are re-advertising to recruit a strong candidate with an understanding in Finance and experience in WASH financing. The position will be an advisory role –WASH Finance Specialist.
- Provide expert financial advisory to improve the functionality and operational functions of water supply system
- Develop and implement practical revenue management and cost reduction strategies under a Public Private Community Partnership (PPCPs) arrangement.
- Implement sustainable Public Private Community Partnerships working frameworks with County Governments and communities in ASAL regions.
- Work closely with local communities to develop local and sustainable solutions that support sustainable and climate resilient water systems.
- Maintain and manage collaborative relationships with community stakeholders and partners.
- Support ASAL counties to identify commercially viable water systems for implementing and adopting PPCPs.
- Undertake financial analysis of water systems and provide turnaround strategies
- Provide business planning support to ASAL Counties/Water Utilities/Private Sector players in developing and successfully implementing PPCP models of managing small and medium sized water projects in ASAL areas.
- Develop capacities of ASAL county departments/water service providers/private sector investors to adopt PPCPs and climate resilient technologies innovations.
- Support water users’ association and rural communities embrace private sector participation models and commercialization principles in water services provision.
- Support ASAL counties to develop and implement and monitoring systems/platforms for community water projects.
- Identify relevant private sector actors to work as operators/managers or technology providers for water systems and link them to counties water departments.
- This position reports to the Team Leader
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum of Master’s degree in finance, or related fields such as Project Management. OR a Bachelor’s degree and at least 3 years of relevant professional experience in the WASH Sector
General Professional Experience:
Minimum of 3 years’ experience in implementing WASH developments projects, preferably in engaging community water associations.
Specific Professional Experience:
Minimum of 5 years’ relevant professional experience, at least two of the following:
- Strong demonstrable experience in preparing due diligence reports, creditworthiness and credit assessment reports, cost – benefit and financial analysis.
- Evaluating financial statements for correctness and completeness.
- Experience in preparing and presenting business cases to inform financing and investment decisions
- Fluency in both written and spoken English is required
- Experience in presenting financial information to key stakeholders, boards etc.
Terms of Appointment
This is a full-time national position with the successful candidate being contracted on a 2-year renewal basis upon performance targets. Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
How to Apply
Please submit your application by clicking on “I’M INTERESTED” tab on this page and submitting a cover letter and CV that has details of your three (3) referees via SmartRecruiters on or before 25th March 2020 to be considered for this position. All information will be in the strictest confidence.
Only shortlisted will be contacted.
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement.
SNV Kenya does not require you to undergo any medical test prior to employment