The Team Leader will manage a multi-disciplinary team of experts. He/She will be the main contact for all assignments and the project team and will interface with the Contracting Authority, the EU Delegation, project partners and other key stakeholders. The TL shall be based in Dili with travel in Timor Leste as necessary (at least 95% of the TL’s man days should be worked in Timor Leste).
- Academic degree both in engineering or economics and a qualification on project management or equivalent, specialised in infrastructure development water supply and sanitation or solid waste;
- Proficiency in oral and written English language; a working knowledge of Portuguese or Bahasa would be a significant advantage;
- 12 years managerial experience, in particular in managing multi-disciplinary teams of senior professionals from different cultural areas, preferably with experience from both private and public sectors;
- Experience in the Southeast Asia /Pacific region would be considered an advantage;
- Involvement as TL in a minimum of 4 projects in developing countries, in the past 15 years, involving the preparation of feasibility studies for infrastructure projects in one or more of the targeted sectors, preferably in East Asia / Pacific region;
- Proven experience in working with EU, or EIB or other IFIs (ADB, WB, AFD, KfW) on similar assignments;
- Experience in both private and public sector would be considered an asset.
If interested, please apply and/or register via our automated application system on our website (https://www.gopa-infra.de/jobs). Please provide an updated CV, pertinent certificates and diplomas as well as remuneration.
Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted.