The Faculty of Science, Charles University (Prague, Czechia) invites applications for a Post-doctoral position in the Geography Section for the project realized in the OP RDE, Call No. 02_18_053 “International mobility of research, technical and administrative workers of research organizations”.
The position includes:
- Independent solving of complex scientific, research, development or artistic tasks in the relevant field.
- Work in the research team, including cooperation with foreign researchers
- Review and external examiner´s activities within the relevant field.
- Carrying out further work as instructed by the superior, corresponding to the function described in the employment contract.
The position duration is 8 months, starting on 1st October, 2020 and ending on 31th May, 2021. The gross monthly salary is 62 237 CZK (approx. 2 468 EUR) including health insurance and social insurance coverage. The job status is full-time – 40 hours per week.
Application – Please send:
- Cover letter including a personal statement of research interests
- Curriculum vitae with the list of publications
- Letter of recommendation
- Ph.D. or other appropriate level 8 ISCED (International Standard Classification of Education) qualification completed within the last seven years.
- The applicant must have resided outside the Czech Republic at least for 2 years of the last 3 years.
- The applicant must have had at least 2 published, peer-reviewed research outputs in the last 3 years. Outputs must be registered in the Thomson Reuters Web of Science, Scopus or ERIH PLUS database as well as “article”, “book”, “book chapter”, “letter” and “review”.
- All research activities will be conducted in English; knowledge of the Czech language is not required.
Selection will be based on the relevance of candidates’ professional interests and experience, excellence in research achievements.