1. Designation: Project: Associate- Water Security
2. Reporting to: State Program Coordinator
3. Remuneration: Maximum INR 5.40 Lakhs pa (depending on skills and past salary history)
4. Location: Naharlagun, Arunachal Pradesh
5. Nature of Employment: Contractual
The North East Initiative Development Agency (NEIDA) works in remote mountain areas in the North-eastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram and Nagaland. Through direct field engagement, NEIDA works towards enhancing the quality of lives of rural households and communities through promotion of i) Rural Livelihoods in the areas of agriculture, livestock and forest based livelihoods, ii) Access to safe Drinking Water and Sanitation, and iii) Education & skill development. NEIDA was promoted as a part of a strategic shift of the Sir Ratan Tata Trust and Allied Trusts to enhance sectoral engagement as the key to ensuring long-term collaboration and cooperation of partner agencies, non-profits or institutions within a particular state. To take this forward, the Trust puts in place strategic “Cells” in regions of its long term investments, in the field of rural development. The Trusts’ engagement under the North East Initiative (NEI) in the three states started in 2008.
7. Brief Job Description:
The overall mandate of the assignment is to provide assistance to partner organizations and liaise with Government Officials, Non-profit organization (NPO) and other partner organizations in designing and implementation of water security project and to fulfill the targets set for the Water and Sanitation programme of the NEIDA. The projects build upon the basic – better hygiene and water security and links directly to the Tata Trusts vision of clean drinking water for all. Geo-hydrological mapping and augmentation of spring sources is a mandatory part of the programme as the project is based on the tapping of natural springs.
The Project Associate will assist the Coordinator in monitoring and supporting the water security project. This job will entail both working independently and as part of a Team, with potential and current Grantees and will include the following.
a. Develop plans for the Water Resources Engineering and Spring-shed based watershed development program.
b. To assist the Coordinator in monitoring and supporting the Water Security Project. Ensure the meeting of set targets.
c. To assist the Coordinator in providing support to partner organizations in execution of water security projects activities, as per the Annual Work Plan (AWP).
d. Report writing and to prepare geological cross section.
e. To provide technical assistance to Partner Organizations and CBOs when required.
f. To provide facilitation in Spring shed Management consortium.
g. To assist the Coordinator in developing various formats and guidelines for the project.
h. To assist in building network with other organizations and institutions.
i. Develop Annual Work Plan (AWP) for the water security projects. This AWP will be the key working document for the projects involved. Individual progress will be monitored and assessed against targets as set in the Annual Work Plan.
j. Identify and develop quality parameters for the water security projects.
k. To assist in coordination with District and Block level government officials of the line departments, as required by the programme. Coordinate and build up linkages and networks with the appropriate Government Office, NABARD and other organizations, as required.
l. To assist Data Base Officer, NEIDA in uploading the project data.
m. To assist in the development of publications related to the project.
n. To submit Back to Office Reports (BTOR) following trips to the field.
o. Identify institutions, experts and trainers as required and employ them for skill enhancement of project partners, Government and farmers.
p. To under any other assignments given by the Coordinator and the Executive Director, NEIDA, as and when required.
q. Assist in water security pilot for Hydrological survey in aquifer management system specially in Arunachal Pradesh and NE as a whole.
r. Other responsibilities as assigned by Project Lead
8. Key Accountability:
a. Preparing Detailed Project Report (DPR) under Spring-shed Management Programme
b. Ensure timely spring data is captured and uploaded on the MIS
c. Plan and undertake training and capacity building activities on springshed management
d. Regular monitoring and evaluation of the springshed management project
e. Identifying technological and mechanical innovations for the projects
f. Identifying potential and suitable clusters for expansion of projects.
g. Work with the team members in developing design and interventions for the project
h. Prepare reports, presentations as required.
i. Maintain relationship with external stakeholders.
j. Maintaining Database and MIS, preparing reports as per the schedule.
k. Ensuring smooth functioning projects in different locations
• Minimum 2 years in working on spring-shed based watershed development programme.
10. Candidate Profile:
The candidate should:
• Possess a Graduation/ Post-graduation degree in Environmental Engineering/ Civil Engineering/ Hydrology/ Water Resource Engineering.
• Have work experience of a minimum of 2 years; in spring-shed based watershed development programme.
• Possess demonstrated capabilities of leadership and institutional development experience.
• Possess the ability to innovate future strategies and deliver, in a challenging environment.
• Have a good command of spoken and written English and local regional languages.
• Possess excellent computer skills, interpersonal, analytical and writing skills and have the ability to work as a member of a team.
• Good report writing skills.
• Team player, able to work with people with different background, skills and knowledge
• Good communication skills, verbal and written.
• Able to prepare reports and presentation
• Willing to travel extensively in remote and hilly locations.
• Willing to spend time with rural communities whenever needed.
• Ability to work in fast paced environment, able to prioritize.
• Sound knowledge of Project Management Concept.
12. How to apply:
a. Please send a copy of your latest resume to [email protected]
b. Include a cover letter stating your current salary and position.
a. Please apply by 30th March 2020
b. In-person interview at Naharlagun, Arunachal Pradesh.