Global Water, headquartered in North Phoenix, AZ, is looking for a dynamic professional to join our team. Global Water is a water, wastewater and reclaimed water service provider focused on water as a reliable, renewable, and reusable resource for growing communities. Innovation in water reclamation, technology, and commitment to customer service are Global Water hallmarks. Global Water is an elite team of professionals that seeks to transform its utilities into highly technical, efficient, and advanced water resource management systems. Global Water is a US public company that trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker GWRS.
Global Water owns and operates twelve (12) water and wastewater utilities in Arizona serving more than 50,000 people, with service area to ultimately serve hundreds of thousands of customers. Global Water is at the forefront of Total Water Management and is paving the way for the future of sustainability and conservation.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE JOB
To actively support and uphold Global Water’s stated mission and values. To perform a wide variety of duties involving water resources and water conservation programs and reporting requirements, including responsibility for preparation of water accounting summary reports, tracking of various types of water use to ensure compliance with contracts, with ADWR assured water supply provisions, and water rights, demand/supply forecasting; administering and implementing components of the Non-Per Capita Conservation Program; coordination of water conservation activities, and conducting research on water supply issues.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of systems and databases to efficiently track and report water resource and water conservation information.
- Respond to and resolve complaints from residents and business concerning water wasting.
- Represent Global Water and participate in regional and intergovernmental programs and committees on various water resource and water conservation issues.
- Assist with analysis and reporting of data for the Non-Per Capita Conservation Program Annual Report (MNPCCP) and the Arizona Corporation Commission Best Management Practices (BMPs) relating to water conservation; develop mechanism to track MNPCCP and BMP program components for compliance purposes.
- Prepare various reports for regulatory bodies, including the Arizona Department of Water Resources (ADWR) annual water use reports.
- Assist in the development and implementation of educational programs for school-age children regarding water conservation.
- Maintain the Global Water’s water conservation program including marketing out outreach.
- Schedule and market water conservation-related workshops; participate and assist with regional efforts, including Project WET workshops.
- Assist with historical and legal research on water rights issues
- On occasion assist in grant proposals and grant administration.
- This information is intended to be descriptive of the key responsibilities of the position. These examples do not identify all duties performed by any single incumbent.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
- Knowledge of federal and Arizona law, as well as regulations governing water resources.
- Direct familiarity with the Arizona Groundwater Management Act, the Assured and Adequate Water Supply Program, and Recharge Program.
- Understanding of hydrology and modeling; and principles, practices and methods of water resources planning.
- Ability to interpret, understand, and apply water resource standards and procedures, applicable federal and state rules and regulations, and company policies and procedures.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: COVER LETTER IS PREFERRED
Formal Education: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution in Water Resources, Environmental Science, Hydrology or related field.
Experience: Two (2) years of professional experience in hydrology, water resource management, water cycle management, environmental compliance planning and communications or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Communication: Effective oral and written communication. Work requires the ability to write memos, letters, reports and keep accurate records.
Social Skills: Must act in a respectful, knowledgeable and professional manner. Work requires regular interaction involving exchange and receipt of complex information; adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions; trying to reconcile differences; actively looking for ways to help people and the company be successful. Will interact with employees at all levels, and will represent the company externally.
Physical Demands: Must be able to perform the following on a regular basis: Sitting for long periods of time; long periods of time with repetitive motions of hands and fingers; close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Licenses: Must have a valid Arizona driver’s license.
Location: Primary location is the Global Water Center located in the City of Maricopa.
PLEASE ATTACH COVER LETTER WHEN SUBMITTING RESUME
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $52,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year