WASH Site Engineer
You'll contribute to ending world hunger by ...
- Ensure the program is implemented according to the schedule, budget, local & international standards, and the WASH program objectives.
- Work closely with other AAH sectors and integrate WASH program components to the extent possible.
- Participate in information sharing in the development of proposals, budgets and concept notes in coordination with the other project officers in Damascus.
- Monitor and evaluate appropriate implementation of projects.
- Monitor materials, equipment and supplies related to WASH activities.
- Supervise and oversee implementation and coordination of activity plans for the ongoing projects particularly on water trucking, minor maintenance & rehabilitation of water & sanitation infrastructures.
- Recommend a capacity building/development plan for DOW staff based on documented capacity needs assessments exercise.
- Management of AAH staff under his/her management and contribute to their capacity building.
- Visits to the field when needed.
- Propose innovative interventions to improve water and sanitation conditions of the targeted population.
- Supervise current and past interventions to ensure the quality of the works delivered by AAH in the field.
Key activities in your role will include
- Program Management.
- Supervise project implementation.
- Identifying new actions and evaluating past interventions
Do you meet the profile required criteria?
- Engineers Degree, Experience as engineer in private or public institution is an asset.
- Advanced M&E tools and methodologies.
- Protection and gender knowledge in project formulation, implementation and monitoring.
- Advanced WASH needs assessments and data analysis skills.
- Excellent knowledge of project cycle management.
- Experience in implementing WASH interventions for at least 1 year.
- Previous experience in the humanitarian field (at least 1 year).
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office mandatory, Knowledge of geographical information systems (GIS)
- Mobility (national/ international)
Our remuneration package:
As per Syria Mission Salary Scale.
- Candidates may be contacted for other suitable positions within Action Against Hunger.
- Due to the high-number of application received, only potential applicants will be contacted.
- The organization is committed to the principles of non-discrimination and diversity and is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people.