You’ll contribute to ending world hunger by …
– Ensure the program is implemented according to the schedule, budget, local & international standards, and the WASH program objectives.
– Work closely with other AAH sectors and integrate WASH program components to the extent possible.
– Participate in information sharing in the development of proposals, budgets and concept notes in coordination with the other project officers in Damascus.
– Monitor and evaluate appropriate implementation of projects.
– Monitor materials, equipment and supplies related to WASH activities.
– Supervise and oversee implementation and coordination of activity plans for the ongoing projects particularly on water trucking, minor maintenance & rehabilitation of water & sanitation infrastructures.
– Recommend a capacity building/development plan for DOW staff based on documented capacity needs assessments exercise.
– Management of AAH staff under his/her management and contribute to their capacity building.
– Visits to the field when needed.
– Propose innovative interventions to improve water and sanitation conditions of the targeted population.
– Supervise current and past interventions to ensure the quality of the works delivered by AAH in the field.
Key activities in your role will include
– Program Management.
– Supervise project implementation.
– Identifying new actions and evaluating past interventions
Do you meet the profile required criteria?
– Engineers Degree, Experience as engineer in private or public institution is an asset.
– Advanced M&E tools and methodologies.
– Protection and gender knowledge in project formulation, implementation and monitoring.
– Advanced WASH needs assessments and data analysis skills.
– Excellent knowledge of project cycle management.
– Experience in implementing WASH interventions for at least 1 year.
– Previous experience in the humanitarian field (at least 1 year).
– Advanced knowledge of MS Office mandatory, Knowledge of geographical information systems (GIS)
– Mobility (national/ international)
Our remuneration package:
As per Syria Mission Salary Scale.
– Candidates may be contacted for other suitable positions within Action Against Hunger.
– Due to the high-number of application received, only potential applicants will be contacted.
– The organization is committed to the principles of non-discrimination and diversity and is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people.