Bringing True Hospitality to the world.
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there’s countless opportunities at your fingertips.
We’re growing; grow with us.
Lead on environmental initiatives and strategy to meet IHG’s environmental sustainability commitments, including specialized reporting, business partnering and supporting the delivery of environmental targets
- Leads on development of Environmental Sustainability materials, including those to support execution via business partners such as training materials, toolkits etc.
- Leads on submission for CDP, DJSI, EcoVadis and other external reporting as required
- Responsible for inquiry resolution from hotels via IHG Green Engage and Customer Support
- Responsible for key stakeholder day to day project management, including Operations, Quality, Finance, etc.
- Responsible for the evaluation and analysis of environmental information. Works with the Director and other department staff members to formulate explanations for the performance dynamics revealed in the analysis, considers available explanations/solutions for current performance trends and their future implication(s).
- Documents findings of analysis/forecasts and prepares reports/presentations/case studies for distribution. Manages reporting of data on an annual basis.
- Develops insights on business trends related to environmental sustainability through market research, evaluation of business data including RFPs, IHG Green Engage data, etc.
- Confers with other departments concerned to assure viability of performance explanations and recommendations.
- Manages IHG Green Engage data quality improvement plan.
- Responds to requests and inquiries from internal staff, including interpreting environmental data and targets, researching data sources and providing general performance analysis as needed.
- Liaises on corporate environmentally focused initiatives and events
Key Shared Accountabilities:
- Delivery of Responsible Business Metric
- Delivery of IHG Responsible Business Targets
- Corporate Responsibility Reporting Centre of excellence
- Wider CR team
- Finance team
- Regional Operations teams
- Quality teams
- Wider GCA team
- Bachelor or Master’s degree level in a statistical, environmental or relevant field of work.
- At least 5 years work experience in a field related to environment, sustainability, carbon or energy management.
- Experience in sustainable design, building and/or operations
- Strong communications skills and demonstrated ability to simplify complex concepts for stakeholders
- Strong project management skills to ensure effective and efficient delivery of programs
- Data analysis and reporting essential. Strong statistical and analytical skills. Able to complete advanced tasks in excel including macros, pivot tables and formulas.
- Strong ability to collaborate effectively with stakeholders
- Preparing and delivering data in a format for stakeholders such as presentations & proven communicator with internal & external stakeholders.
- Experience in sustainable design, building and/or operations
Technical Skills and Knowledge:
- Demonstrated proficiency in utilizing data to identify problems and opportunities. Demonstrated analytical skills and ability to use the results of analysis to provide insights and recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and efficiently, and to perform concurrent tasks that require technical and functional competence.
- Demonstrated ability to handle environmental data including energy, waste, water and greenhouse gas emissions.
- Demonstrated strong computer skills to include Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint and Word).
- Demonstrated clear, concise and succinct communicational skills, including adapting both verbal and written communications to the needs and level of the user.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a consistent, high quality customer-focused orientation, including providing clear, accurate information; explaining procedures or materials or providing supplemental information; anticipating problems or questions.
- Strong presentation skills, ability to break down complex metrics into manageable and meaningful actions for a variety of stakeholders
Direct reports: zero; Indirect reports: zero
- Development of materials for business partner execution against environmental programs
- Interface with Americas region in delivery of carbon savings targets and other environmental priorities
- Decisions related to carbon & water analytics
- Own responsible business data for annual report & relationship with external reporting contractor
- Third party data verification
- Process for performance updates to wider team
- CDP, DJSI, ECOVADIS and other specialist reporting
- Responsible Business metric reporting
- Responsible Business metric target setting
- Evolution of wider CR programs
- Different functions of the business as part of the corporate responsibility center of excellence
- Research and contribution to wider CR agenda
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve – click here to find out more about us.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans