Overview / Responsibilities
We are currently seeking an Intermediate Hydrologist to join our team in Montreal. Reporting to the Manager – Water Management and Treatment. The intermediate Hydrologist will participate on hydrology projects locally and nationally.
The individual will support operations and play a key role in on a wide variety of projects such as: surface water resources projects, including watershed management, development impact evaluations, infrastructure design (hydraulic structures and storm water management systems), run-off studies, precipitation and extreme event analysis, catchment regime and flood evaluation, natural channel design, and flood line mapping.
- Assist in the development of a Water Resources team (which includes Hydrogeology and Hydrology);
- Provide technical expertise, as well as support and oversee hydrological designs, proposals and reports;
- Lead critical delivery meetings and oversee field investigations;
- Coordinate with project management teams and other discipline leads to manage project deliverables, ensuring schedule and budget are achieved;
- Identify and develop new business opportunities and support the technical component of business development materials;
- When required, work collaboratively with other departments, environmental regulators and Wood offices on project related work;
- Oversee and conduct a wide variety of hydrological assessments and development projects;
- Participate in Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Policies, Procedures, Standards and Guidelines in the execution of all work.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Civil engineering, Hydrology, Water Resources engineering or other related discipline;
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience (preferably mining, industrial);
- Proficiency in analytical and modelling techniques and thorough understanding of the water regime associated with all stages of mine development and operation;
- Project Management skills are necessary, with an ability to track timelines, meet budgets and schedules;
- Software experience (or equivalent) in: (HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, GSSHA, SWMM, FEH, ISIS, TUFLOW, MIKE 11, MIKE Flood, both steady-state and dynamic, including dam breach, ArcGIS and AutoCAD) is an asset;
- Previous consulting experience is preferred;
- Able to write technical reports in French and in English;
- Registered (or is eligible) with the Order of Engineers of Quebec (OIQ);
- Ability to travel to mine sites, as needed.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com