Tetra Tech International Development Services (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) , headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, is currently accepting applications from qualified candidates to join our Water Resources and Infrastructure (WRI) Sector team as an Associate for Water and Sanitation Investment and Enterprise Development.
The WRI Sector assists governments, the private sector, civil society organizations, and communities in developing countries to improve policies and practices essential to sustainably provide drinking water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) services and to ensure long-term water security at multiple scales. Tetra Tech has ongoing water and sanitation projects in more than 20 countries in Africa, Asia and the Middle East. The successful candidate will provide technical assistance across our active portfolio, manage select projects and contribute to business development initiatives and thought leadership.
The position will be based in either Burlington, Vermont, or Arlington, Virginia.
* Identify, pursue, strategize, and lead the preparation of proposals in response to WRI sector opportunities in developing countries;
* Develop and implement thought leadership, marketing and communications interventions;
* Provide advisory, analytical and institutional development services focused on WASH investment readiness, resource mobilization, enterprise/service provider financial performance and associated governance measures;
* Supervise project delivery to ensure high quality and timely implementation;
* Represent Tetra Tech to clients in the US and developing countries;
* Supervise and mentor junior sector staff members as required.
* M.S. or M.A. degree in development economics, finance, business administration, urban planning, public administration, civil engineering, or other relevant field;
* Strong written and verbal communication and quantitative and financial analysis skills;
* A minimum of five years of experience in water and sanitation infrastructure finance, or local (municipal) governance and public finance in Sub Saharan Africa and Asia, including utility reform, creditworthiness improvement, financial structuring and underwriting, fund development and/or transaction advisory;
* Solid understanding of the leading institutions, practices and innovations for mobilizing and leveraging capital from a blend of public and private sources;
* Previous experience in developing collaborative working relationships with counterparts, implementing partners, international organizations, development and private finance institutions and donors;
* Capacity to manage and collaborate across multiple work streams simultaneously;
* Advanced foreign language skills in French, Arabic or Portuguese is desired.
* MS Office suite proficiency and familiarity with databases; and
* U.S. citizenship or a valid U.S. work permit is mandatory.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
* A writing sample of which the applicant is the sole author, no more than 10 pages
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.