The National Specialist on Water Management operates under the overall guidance and responsibility of the FAO Representative in Tajikistan, the technical guidance of the Lead Technical Officer (LTO) and Chief Technical Advisor (CTA), in close collaboration with the Technical Experts and supported by Projects personnel.
The National Specialist on Water Management reports to FAO Representative in Tajikistan.
Support the implementation of FAO’s resilience agenda at a global, regional, sub regional and/or country level.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Participate in development of project(s) working plan(s);
- Plan, organize, facilitate and report on project(s) implementation and project(s) event(s);
- Provide technical support for the current implementing projects related to irrigation and water management;
- Provide technical inputs for the development of any water management related program/project proposals by FAO office in Tajikistan;
- Provide technical support for the organization of multi-stakeholder meetings and other events;
- Support the close cooperation with national stakeholders engaged in National Water Sector Reforms Program till 2025
- Support the close cooperation with related Technical Officers of FAO, contracting parties and counterpart(s) for implementation of the project;
- Prepare monthly reports summarizing his/her findings, conclusions and recommendations;
- Carry out any other relevant activities as may be deemed necessary.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Relevant University background, preferably Master’s degree in water management, irrigation and land reclamation or similar field.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional working experience, preferably in development and field implementation of development projects, in irrigation, water management, natural resource management or similar fields.
- At least 5 years of experience working in the field and in conducting training and developing of training materials for farmers and specialists at various levels
- Working knowledge of English and Tajik is required. Knowledge of Russian languages will be considered an asset.
- Nationals of Tajikistan
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Excellent reporting skills;
- Excellent presentation and communication skills;
- Proficiency in using computer and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.);
- Affinity with the mandate and role of the United Nations and FAO
- Basic knowledge of development of engineering design and Bill of Quantity of irrigation system water and drainage structures