We have two (2) positions available.
Summer Position: Full Time
During the Summer Intern Program, there are THREE (3) REQUIRED ATTENDANCE EVENTS. All interns must participate.
Internship Project Description
The Water Rights, Supply and Analytics group is comprised of three collaborative sections: Water Rights, Raw Water, and Water Resource Analysis. Water Rights is responsible for defending Denver Water’s interests in water court and acquiring new water rights as needed; Raw Water manages operations for conveying Denver Water’s raw water and reusable water supplies to storage and its water treatment plants; and Water Resource Analysis maintains, develops, and conducts studies using Denver Water’s long-range planning model, which includes reservoirs, diversions, rivers, and other operations in both the Colorado and South Platte River Basins. As one collaborative group, the Water Rights, Supply, and Analytics group ensures Denver Water’s raw water supply is reliable and resilient for customers today, and into the future.
This position will provide support across the Water Rights, Supply and Analytics group. Tasks may include:
- Researching, analyzing and summarizing hydrological, climate and other data in support of water rights investigations, Water Court cases, and raw water modeling
- Reviewing and summarizing contracts and agreements in support of improved operations and modeling efforts
- Researching approaches for determining system yield, reliability, and resiliency
- Assisting staff with field work and other site investigations
- Analytical thinking
- Data analysis and interpretation
- Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Access
- Verbal and written communication
- Technical writing and technical document synthesis
- Quality control and quality assurance
- Willingness to research topics and differentiate between credible and non-credible sources.
- Balance and prioritize tasks for multiple projects.
Candidates must submit a completed Denver Water application in order to be considered. Applications will be accepted until a sufficient number are received. *Denver Water reserves the right to either close or extend a posting.
Apply on-line by visiting www.denverwater.org/careers.
Education Requirements: High School graduation and currently enrolled as a student in their Junior through Graduate years at an accredited post-secondary school.
The position may be a paid position and/or for school credit. The candidate must be attending college/university in the 2019-2020 academic year or enrolled for graduate school in the 2020-2021 academic year.
- Business-Tech Intern II or III: Junior Senior or Graduate student level studying within the fields of Engineering, Hydrology, Geohydrology, Watershed Science, or a related field.
Experience Requirements: None required. Preferred experience is one year or more in sub-professional engineering or office environment, or construction site.
Licenses: Must possess and maintain a valid Class R – Colorado driver’s license and have a satisfactory driving record.
A background check will be conducted to verify information submitted on the application for all applicants.
All positions require a Worker’s Compensation Background check.
Driving may be required for this position, the offer of employment is contingent upon satisfactory results of a post-offer drug test. For a position of this type. Denver Water tests for the following: amphetamines, cocaine, marijuana (THC), opiates, phencyclidine (PCP), and alcohol.