To better understand the challenges and prospects for women to take on leadership and management roles in the Urban WASH Governance.
To identify ways for them to make the most of opportunities within WASH sector.
To learn and document successes of women in WASH leadership for adaptive management.
SCOPE OF WORK AND DELIVERABLES
This assignment requires the services of an expert in research, development and gender, with significant knowledge and experience in conducting case studies in service delivery institutions. The expert will work with the E-WASH teams and will interface with SWBs and related institutions.
Indicative Tasks and Activities
Estimated Level of Effort (LOE) Days
Inception report, including schedule of activities and deliverables
· Briefing with E-WASH Advisers and Gender Specialist to discuss the scope of work.
· Submit a case study protocol
- Conduct a desk review on institutional practices within the WASH sector.
· Development of an inception report, including a schedule for the assessment.
Assessment methodology/techniques development and field work
- Determine methodologies and techniques and or adopt tools for the case study.
- Field test tools.
· Field visit to E-WASH states, brief E-WASH State and Utility teams on the approach and expectations.
· Conduct the case study among Women in Urban WASH Governance and related institutions in each E-WASH state, underscoring their contributions, potentials, opportunities and pathway to growth in the sector.
· Prepare a 2-minute video documentary on each of the case study participant.
Documentation of findings and validation
- Analyse information and develop a synopsis report
· Develop an action and implementation plan for each of the candidates to assist their career development.
· Develop an institutional action plan to address structural barriers to women’s employment, retention and advancement
- Provide a two-page profile of each of the case study candidate and validate.
- Brief State teams.
· Develop a detail case study report with recommendations and provide guidelines/action plan.
· Submission of report for review
· Submit final report
Total no. of days
The minimum education qualifications and associated knowledge, skills, abilities are outlined below: A two-page documentation will be required from you on the proposed methodology you intend to apply in achieving the deliverables (as in the SoW).
Master’s degree in Development studies, Gender and or relevant Social sciences, a related field or equivalent in experience and career history.
Knowledge and previous experience in case study development or similar/related context is desirable.
Strong communication and engagement skills, and ability to liaise with government at different levels.
Ability and willingness to travel out to E-WASH States
The consultant will travel to all E-WASH States for field work. Travel logistics will be managed by E-WASH.
Level of Effort (LoE)
The Level of Effort (LOE) for the assignment is twenty – six (26) workdays, Note: Engagement days may not run concurrently.
How to apply
CVs, technical and financial proposal shall be submitted by email to [email protected] by Tuesday 24th March, 2020 on or before close of business by 5:00pm