This position is located on in a designated state inthe Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) supporting a large complex geographical area. To provide resources to farmers and landowners to aid them with conservation.
- Coordinates the planning, design and construction of engineering practices such as water management, animal waste management, erosion control, flood control, and other conservation practices needing engineering guidance.
- Plans and conducts pre-bid site showing, approves construction schedules, monitors work for compliance with plans and specification and contract requirements.
- Directs the quality assurance program, oversees government Inspectors, recommends contract modifications, and performs others duties as delegated to Contracting Officer’s Representative.
- Recommends changes in designs, specifications, and schedule to accommodate conditions at the construction site, availability of materials or to expedite construction.
- Coordinates and conducts necessary quality assurance reviews of planned, designed, and constructed engineering projects in the assigned area or state.
- Provides technical guidance and training to personnel In the area of all engineering practices and In the use and care of engineering equipment.Enlists the aid of appropriate specialists In conducting training when necessary.
- Serves as training location leader for newly hired NRCS engineers and technicians.