Reclamation is seeking a career professional looking for an opportunity to capitalize on his/her expertise as a International Affairs Specialist. You can make a difference in the West by facilitating the implementation of Reclamation’s International activities.
LOCATION: Bureau of Reclamation; Commissioner’s Office; International Affairs Office in Washington, D.C .
– Conducts negotiations with representatives from other federal agencies, foreign governmental entities, international organizations, and other agencies to define the scope of specific Reclamation activities for reimbursable technical assistance and training programs, and non-reimbursable cooperative technology exchange.
– Represents Reclamation at conferences and meetings with foreign water officials visiting the United States, conducts briefings in the Commissioner’s Office or the Department. Serves as a liaison between the Commissioner’s Office and other Reclamation offices and other agencies or outside organizations. The incumbent collects and analyzes background information concerning international water issues or other topics and prepares reports or briefing papers.
– Reviews and interprets relevant legislation, Executive Orders, State foreign-policy material, and Department of the Interior (Department)/Reclamation policies and guidance to develop, articulate, and promulgate policy, directives, and guidance pertaining to the International Affairs Program.
– Implements Reclamation’s non-reimbursable visitor programs (no more than one day) for foreign personnel visiting Reclamation facilities to learn more about Reclamation.
– Implements Reclamation’s reimbursable international activities including technical assistance and training to federal, foreign governmental agencies, and international organizations and non-reimbursable cooperative technology exchange activities.