We are seeking a talented individual to join our high performing and motivated Environmental Science Department.
Are you a strategic people leader who relishes working at the interface between science and decision-making?
Do you have a commitment to providing fit-for-purpose science to support good decisions?
- Complex natural resource problems that need your intelligence and enthusiasm to solve
- Environment and Catchment Management Groups populated with highly motivated and experienced staff working across multi-disciplinary projects
- An open mind for new ideas and different ways of doing things
- A friendly and supportive culture with people who are passionate about doing great work for our extraordinary region
- A leadership style that enables leadership and trust within the team
- Ability to think strategically and bring others along on your vision
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and complex problems
- Ability to take a high level view and bring together a diverse range of disciplines and skills
- Great communication and interpersonal skills, and a proven ability to build productive working relationships and work collaboratively
- A commitment to working with our iwi partners and to building understanding of what hydrology, surface water and ground water means to them
- Experience in providing high quality scientific information that has impact
- An understanding of the techniques and challenges involved with collecting, managing and sharing high quality environmental data
- An ability to identify and implement new technologies, concepts and methods that will increase efficiency and improve the impact of our data and information
- Commitment to providing a high level of service to our stakeholders, particularly with regard to providing our flood warning service
- A relevant post-graduate qualification and sound understanding of water resource management.
If you believe you are the right person, we’d love to hear from you.
The role could be based in either our Wellington or Masterton office.
To apply for the position please view the job description and apply with a cover letter and CV via the link below.
For further information please contact Lucy Baker, Manager, Environmental Science on 021 719 854 or [email protected]
Applications Close: Sunday, 22 March 2020
Team Leader Environmental Science Hydrology March 2019.pdf (PDF, 282KB)
Application Fact Sheet.pdf (PDF, 252KB)