PhD / MPhil in any of the following fields: Environmental Studies / Economics / Natural resource management / Social work / / Sociology/ Anthropology/ Rural Development/Rural Management, Development Studies/ or other relevant fields.
(Specialization with Essential criteria Required)
• For PhD applicants: 1-2 years / nil experience is acceptable. For MPhil applicants, a minimum of three years in environment / development research;
· Papers published in Peer review journals (preferably having been at least 2nd author)
• Good knowledge of policy analysis and / or quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis; skill in developing of tools for investigation (quantitative and qualitative)
· Good research writing skills;
• Willingness to research with an inter-disciplinary team
• Willingness to travel to different project locations for field work.
• Well versed with MS office is essential.
• Excellent communication (writing, speaking, presention) skills in English is essential
• Good knowledge of Hindi (Marathi too, but not essential)
· Write scientific reports, policy briefs on different studies conducted by WOTR related to Climate Change Adaptation, Integrated Land and Water Management, Economics, Food and Nutrition Security, Biodiversity, others
· Work in a team (lead or partner) to design and conduct interdisciplinary research including, but not limited to: action research, systematic reviews and other synthesis products and database development
· To collaborate with different teams, universities, research institutes to undertake various studies
· Contribute to research papers and articles preferably in peer review journals and publications
· Dissemination of research findings to different stakeholders: village communities and represent WOTR in various workshops, conferences, meetings etc.
· Design and Conduct impact assessment studies of various project interventions
· Assists and also write proposals to various donors and institutes for research funding