Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
Optional: ask key screening questions using the essential criterion to help candidates self-screen
Do you have experience in working with international agencies ?
Do you have experience in in implementing and managing humanitarian sectors?
Do you have experience in disaster risk management, policy and advocacy, climate changes adaptation, sustainable livelihood? If the answer is yes, then would like to hear from you
What we are looking for
Consultant for National Engagement on Disaster and Climate Change Adaptation for project ICDRC (Indonesia Climate and Disaster Resilient Communities).
Competence of Consultancy
- More than 4 years research experience working with international agencies in implementing and managing humanitarian sectors, disaster risk management, policy and advocacy, climate changes adaptation, sustainable livelihood, adaptive farming, including experience of building local capacities to assess, design and manage project
- Tertiary Education in relevant field;
- Good understanding on disaster risk management, Climate Changes Adaptation and Sustainable Livelihood issues,
- Good understanding on the advocacy issues and having experience in advocacy work national and local level.
- Strong commitment to gender inclusion, disability inclusion, diversity issues, equal opportunities and capacity building
- Strong ability to rapidly assimilate, analyses, conceptualize and report on complex information and in data collection, research, and impact analysis.
- Knowledge and proven experience in managing the project cycle, including project planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision to build on and develop the job, combined with the ability to work as part of the team.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to engage and influence the decision makers and other stakeholders from various cultural, status and social backgrounds.
- Ability to work as part of a multi-cultural team and communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Experience in working in multi-sectoral projects and ability to manage multiple priorities and work under pressure and to meet the deadlines.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English.
- Computer literacy
- Willingness to work in flexible hours and to travel frequently within country.
Complete term of reference can be downloaded in attached document
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom Oxfam GB engages. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. Oxfam GB also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
How to apply
If you believe you are the candidate we are looking for, please do apply by sending you letter of interest, proposal and budget plan. The proposal must provide a good description of the method and can answer the needs of the project. The proposed budget includes a consultant fee, travel in 7 project locations, attend a meeting, perdiem, accommodation, and implement the activities. Please send the required documents to [email protected] by 19 March 2020 at the latest.
Oxfam is a global community who believe poverty isn’t inevitable. It’s an injustice that can be overcome. We are shop volunteers, women’s right activists, marathon runners, aid workers, coffee farmers, street fundraisers, goat herders, policy experts, campaigners, water engineers and more. And we won’t stop until everyone can live life without poverty for good.
Oxfam GB is a member of international confederation of 19 organisations working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.