An excellent senior opportunity for a professional dedicated to innovation in flood risk management
The purpose of this position is to provide and apply expertise for flood management practice. This position, as a Deputy Inspector of Dikes appointed under the Dike Maintenance Act, is also responsible for statutory duties regulating dikes and other flood hazard mitigation works within the province.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Explore the opportunities and value working with our team can offer you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it-9laHaKyc&feature=youtu.be.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact [email protected] DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to create or update your profile and how to submit your application, please refer to the Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to [email protected], before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Master’s degree in water-related discipline (Natural Resource Management, Integrated Watershed Management, Physical (fluvial) Geography, Water Resource or Civil Engineering) AND a minimum of three years of directly related experience; OR
- Bachelor’s degree in water-related discipline (Natural Resource Management, Integrated Watershed Management, Physical (fluvial) Geography, Water Resource or Civil Engineering) AND 5 years directly related experience
Preference maybe given to candidates with experience in water related management including:
- Geotechnical and/or river engineering such as sub-surface investigations, embankment stability and seepage analysis, design and/or construction of earth embankments, dikes and small dams, drainage structures, erosion protection or related work; OR
- Hydrological or fluvial geomorphological analysis and assessments; OR
- Disaster or flood risk reduction strategy development and implementation; OR
- Flood hazard management practice such as preparation of flood management plans or applications for structural project approvals, and/or review of flood management plans or applications for structural project
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover Letter: NO – Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
Resume: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
YES (COMPREHENSIVE) – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.