The Climate Change Division is looking for a Summer Graduate Intern with background in Economics / International Development / Environmental Policy
The Climate Change Division partners with stakeholders within the IDB Group and across Latin America and the Caribbean to mobilize resources, generate and deliver knowledge, and help build institutions for the transformation and just transition to low-carbon and climate-resilient development.
- Support the execution activities of GEF operation RG-T2384 “Climate Technology Transfer Mechanisms and Networks in LAC”
- Carry out analysis of long-term decarbonization pathway for one sector and for one country.
- Carry out assessments of consistency with long-term decarbonization pathways for 3 IDB operations in preparation.
What you’ll need:
- Education: Current master’s degree or PhD student with background in Economics / International Development / Environmental Policy.
- Languages: Be proficient in English and preferably with a working knowledge of one of the Bank’s additional official languages (e.g. Spanish, Portuguese, or French).
- Soft Skills: Team player, inclusive, innovative and creative, client-oriented, results-driven, with strong communication skills.
Internship Program Requirements:
To be part of our Internship Program you will need to comply with all of the following requirements:
- Be citizen of Bank member countries;
- Be first-time participant in an Internship Program held by the Bank or Inter-American Investment Corporation (“Corporation” also known as “IDB Invest”);
- Be between 21 and 33 years of age as of the starting date of the internship and be an enrolled graduate student in an accredited university. Graduation date cannot be prior to August 2020;
- Not be former staff member, Complementary Workforce (“CW”), contractors for the Bank or the Corporation or have previously provided services to the Bank or the Corporation through a contractor or under any other contractual modality; and,
- Not have family members (up to fourth degree of consanguinity and second degree of affinity, including spouse) working at the IDB or IDB Invest.
Candidates with more than 3 applications in the 2020 Summer Internship Program for IDB, IDB Lab, and IDB Invest will be automatically disqualified.
Type of contract: Consultant, Intern.
Length of contract: Two months. June 16 to August 15, 2020
Location: IDB Headquarters in Washington, D.C., U.S.A.
Our culture: Our people are committed and passionate about improving lives in Latin-America and the Caribbean, and they get to do what they love in a diverse, collaborative and stimulating work environment. We are the first Latin American and Caribbean development institution to be awarded the EDGE certification, recognizing our strong commitment to gender equality.
We encourage women, afro-descendants, people of indigenous origins, and persons with disabilities to apply.