General description of the position
ACF WASH strategy in Yemen focuses on two axis: emergency response to displacements and WASH in Nutrition approach.
Under the supervision of the Field Coordinator, you’ll have to implement WASH projects in an acute emergency context with high needs and volatile security situation, to identify and implement high quality WASH (Water, Sanitation & Hygiene) activities which are appropriate and comprehensive, in conformity with overarching strategy and the standards set internationally, by ACF and by national policies.
- Identify needs and contribute to deliberations on strategy and the positioning of the WASH Department and to project elaboration
- Set up, implement and report on WASH projects
- Contribute the quality of monitoring, evaluation, accountability, learning ,impact measurement process an capitalization
- Participate in coordination, & partnerships
- Supervise and manage the team
Do you fit the requested profile ?
You hold a Degree in WASH related studies (engineering, public health, geology…). You have significant experiences in implementation of WASH program in emergency context.
Good experience in capacity building and remote management.
You speak and write English fluently, Arabic speaking skills are an asset.
Yemen is one of the three emergency L3 in the world. The needs in the country are vey high and the context is very challenging. The mission is buidling up its emergency reponse capacity and the staffs are really motivated to do more and to do it better. It gives a real sense to humanitarian aid and this is very motivating!