- Use of remote sensing technologies for precision irrigation.
- Contribution in the analysis of satellite/airborne/UAV imagery in order to obtain the biophysical parameters of the vegetation, crop water status and evapotranspiration.
- Learn about surface energy balance models and the automation of different processes in order to enhance the image processing workflow.
- Use of neural networks (CNN) and Machine learning techniques.
- Participation in airborne campaigns.
- Participate in gathering field data and the maintenance and analysis of data from an Eddy-Covariance system.
Salary: 24.962,05 € gross annual salary
Deadline timing job ref. 09 /2020 Technician position in Remote Sensing for Evapotranspiration
- 30 days Publication and diffusion of the job advertisement on IRTA’s website, EURAXESS Jobs, social networks and other specific recruitment places.
- 2 following working days To send, for its study, the pre-selected CV which match eligibility criteria to the Selection Committee. To send an automated e-mail for those who have not been pre-selected and cannot continue the process.
- 10-15 following working days Selection Committee:
- Interview with preselected candidates.
- To send an e-mail for those who have not been selected by the Selection Committee.
- Committee Selection Agreement with the selected candidate, giving reasons for the rest to be excluded.
- Notification by e-mail to the candidates who have been interviewed but not selected.
- 12-16 following working days To send to HR all the needed official documentation in order to make the work contract and co-ordination for establishing the start of the employment.
- First week of May of 2020 Start of employment (approximately)
*During the first year of contract, IRTA will cover the cost to obtain license to fly drones.
*The technician will be based at Fruitcentre-IRTA (Lleida). She/he will also have secondment opportunities (up to 6 months) to one of the partner organizations of the Marie-Curie ACCWA project (https://accwa.isardsat.space/).
Web site for additional job details
- REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELAgricultural sciences: Master Degree or equivalentEnvironmental science: Master Degree or equivalent
- REQUIRED LANGUAGESSPANISH: Good
- Diploma of Higher Education in Computer Sciences, Agronomy, Environmental Sciences or related disciplines and equivalent studies.
- Good standard of written and spoken English.
- Programming the Language Python and Geographic Information Systems/Geospatial analysis knowledge.
- Analytical skills
- Effective time management and ability to prioritize tasks
- Good communication skills
- Ability to successfully work within a team
- Bachelor’s o Master degree in Remote Sensing or Space Engineering.
- Ability to pursue data-oriented research as well as experimental approaches and fieldwork to validate evapotranspiration models.
- Knowledge and/or take interest in learning about crop evapotranspiration and agronomy.