Qualifications and Requirements:
- University degree (Master or Doctoral degree) in Fisheries Management, Ecosystem Management, Environmental Management or other relevant fields;
- Minimum 10 years experiences in designing and formulating regional/transboundary fisheries policy and strategy, and fisheries restoration and enhancement in the Mekong or/and other large river basins;
- Minimum 7 years experiences in conducting good practice of fish-stock enhancement and habitat restoration for sustainable management of inland fisheries resources to secure ecological health, food security and livelihoods in the Mekong River Basin or/and other large river basins;
- Extensive knowledge of fisheries and environment of Mekong River Basin is preferable;
- Specific knowledge on relevant international agreements and good practices such as the Code of Conduct for Responsible Fisheries, inland fisheries management, ecosystem-based approach, precautionary approach is advantageous;
- Some knowledge and experience in remote sensing and GIS mapping is an advantage;
- Excellent inter-personal skills and able to negotiate constructively in a Mekong/Southeast Asia institution and cultural context; and
- Fluent in English, verbal and writing and strong analytical skills.
- Besides required qualities, immediate availability will be considered as an advantage to the selection process.
Interested applicants may find more information about the position through the Terms of Reference on the top right corner of this page. MRC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Women are especially encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
The application, in a single PDF file, must include (i) a cover letter outlining clearly how the candidate meets the requirements of the position and (ii) a detailed CV by register at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NRTWPCK. The position title and division must be indicated in the cover letter. The MRC offers challenging job with attractive compensation package.
Closing date for applications: 25 March 2020