Do you need a cumulative and motivational environment?
Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Institute (WASH Institute) established during the year 2008, is a registered non-profit government technical, training, research and development organization dedicated to providing practical solutions to tackle a wide range of water, sanitation and hygiene issues in India. Headquartered in Kodaikanal (Tamil Nadu), WASH Institute was granted the status of National Key Resource Centre by the then Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation (MDWS), now Ministry of Jal Shakti, Govt. of India in the year 2010. WASH Institute operates from different branch offices that are in Reddiar Chatram, Chennai, Madurai and Thiruppullani (Tamil Nadu), Munger (Bihar), Bhadrachalam (Telangana), Noida and Saharanpur (Uttar Pradesh), Malur (Karnataka), Anaparthy (Andhra Pradesh) and New Delhi. WASH Institute also have an academic wing that conducts formal courses at Reddiarchatram, Tamil Nadu in affiliation with the Madurai Kamaraj University. The Institute has also a proven track record of organizing National Workshops/conferences on various themes of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene. WASH Institute India is looking to recruit motivated personnel to share the vision of WASH Institute – “a world where all the communities have access to safe, protected and sustainable drinking water and sanitation services, with improved hygiene practices”.
Name of the position: Technical Officer
No. of positions: 2
Duty Station: Hindaun, Karauli District, Rajasthan
Desired Qualification: The candidate should possess a Diploma in Civil Engineering from a reputed board/university with a minimum of 3 years of work experience in the development sector (NGOs) – preferably in the WASH sector
Candidate should possess excellent knowledge of operating MS-Office package and the internet. Knowledge of AutoCAD is required.
• Planning and designing the community/school toilet construction/renovation plans in discussion with the community, school authority and children.
• Providing technical support in implementing the construction related works in both slums and schools.
• Coordinate with the contractor, masons on the plan/designs/estimates and about construction techniques /procedures for proper implementation of planned work.
• Assist and Monitor the contractor, masons in foundation marking/setting up foundation for all new construction plans.
• Undertake regular field visits to construction sites for appropriate programme monitoring on daily basis with special focus on quality work. This requires critical assessment and verification on the implementing activities with actual plan of work and provided necessary technical support and guidance, if required, for proper implementation.
• Undertake construction quality check in respect to quality of material used, foundation depth, mortar mix ratio, concrete mix ratio, wall alignments, perfection with measurements, horizontal and vertical levels, slopes, parallel and perpendicular checks, etc., and deployment of skilled mason to execute the work with the proper finishing.
• Assist the contractor and masons to follow and comply with provided/recommended specifications for construction.
• Prepare technical drawings and estimates for any construction works as and when required in discussion with WASH Institute Technical Expert.
• Assist the line manager in reporting and documentation; capture best practices and prepare case studies.
• Prepare and submit Plan of Action and accomplishment report to the reporting line on a monthly/quarterly basis.
• Support the reporting line officer to monitor and review the progress of the project and effectively act to meet necessary requirements relating to the programme goals and objectives
• Support the reporting line officer to accomplish the urgent assignments if any
• Undertake any other task as assigned by the organisation from time to time.
Sound knowledge of speaking, reading and writing in Hindi and English is essential.
The annual Salary (CTC) will commensurate with the available skills and fitment of the incumbent as per the selection process.
How to Apply
Please submit your recent curriculum vitae, including up to a 250 words summary explaining why you think you are suitable for this position. Application can be e-mailed to the following address: [email protected]
The last date to submit application is 24th March, 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. When e-mailing, please mention the post and location in the “subject” line.
WASH Institute is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women candidates are encouraged to apply.