The mission of Global Communities (formerly CHF International) is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.
Global Communities is seeking a Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) Team Lead for the anticipated Liberia Community Development Project, a 5-year, $66 million USAID Development Food Assistance Program to improve food and nutrition security and economic well-being in vulnerable communities in three target counties in Liberia. The anticipated program will focus on strengthening community level governance structures; improving nutrition-specific and nutrition-sensitive community services; strengthening and diversifying agricultural livelihood opportunities; and addressing critical constraints in human, financial and physical capital through skills training and business development and financial services.
The WASH Team Lead will work under the direction of the Chief of Party to design, implement and manage the WASH components and related capacity strengthening activities. These would include:
- Provide specific technical expertise to the program;
- Ensure deliverables are met on time and within budget;
- Represent the program to key stakeholders within the community and government;
- Coordinate program activities with partners;
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience in international development and 3 years of experience in water, sanitation and hygiene in developing countries, especially at the community level;
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with local government ministries, non-governmental organizations, beneficiaries, community organizations and any other relevant stakeholders;
- Experience improving access to WASH services at a community level required, experience implementing Community-Led Total Sanitation (CLTS) highly preferred;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Fluency in written and spoken English required.