Qualifications and Requirements:
- Master or higher degree(s) in water resources management, environment or related relevant discipline with at least 15 years work experience;
- Experience with drought management project/programme and hydro-met data analysis are strongly required;
- Advanced knowledge and extensive experience with GIS and Remote Sensing Analysis and land use planning is an advantage;
- Demonstrated experience in program/project design including previous assessments, stakeholder consultations, defining organizational and financial requirements, roles and responsibilities of implementing partners, logical framework analysis, including logical frameworks, determination of the development objective, work breakdown structure, outputs and activities, performance indicators, etc.;
- Proven ability to effectively implement programmes/projects in a multicultural and international environment, and in particular with relevant line agencies of the MRC member Countries;
- Previous experience in the Mekong basin, preferably working with or for the Mekong River Commission;
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken, is required. Working knowledge of one more riparian language is an advantage;
- Good knowledge on Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project is a must.
- Besides required qualities, immediate availability will be considered as an advantage to the selection process.
Interested applicants may find more information about the position through the Terms of Refernce on the top right corner of this page. MRC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Women are especially encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
The application, in a single PDF file, must include (i) a cover letter outlining clearly how the candidate meets the requirements of the position and (ii) a detailed CV by register at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/G5KBGMR. The position title and division must be indicated in the cover letter. The MRC offers challenging job with attractive compensation package.
Closing date for applications: 18 March 2020