Name of Project: German Credit Facility to Assist the Return of IDPs in Iraq (GCFI) – Management and Monitoring Consultant (MMC)
Job status: Replacement
Client: Reconstruction Fund for Areas Affected by Terrorist Operations (ReFAATO)
Project status: Current phase ongoing until 30.11.2020
Duration of assignment: up to 5 months
Mission start date: asap, earliest by 15.03.2020
Mission end date: 30.11.2020
Focus of this position is the top-level monitoring of the progress of infrastructure projects in the water and sanitation sector, as implemented by Project Management Teams (PMTs) in the respected ministry and an international implementation consultant.
Top-level monitor projects funded by the GCFI and implemented thru the “Water-PMT”;
Validate quarterly reporting by PMT Water & Sanitation (SQR – Sectoral Quarterly Report);
Based on task No. 2, contribute to the elaboration of “Consolidated Quarterly Reports” (CQR) thru the MMC Team Leader;
Contribute to other reporting by the MMC, e.g. the MMC quarterly reports to the client ReFAATO;
The international Specialist Engineer Water & Sanitation will support MMC Capacity Development Expert in assessing capacity building needs on monitoring and implementation in the respective field and developing relevant training measures, if required. The expert will conduct capacity building measures where required and appropriate;
Provide guidance/ supervision to the National/ Regional Specialist Engineer Water & Sanitation. Closely coordinate and cooperate with the local expert in particular on preparation, implementation and reporting of field missions to sites in the GCFO target provinces, where the international expert can’t go due to security constraints, but the local expert or other team members are able to go;
The international Specialist must have:
· At least a Master’s Degree in a position-related field of expertise;
· At least ten years of project-relevant professional experience;
· Experience in their relevant field of expertise preferably in relation to or in infrastructure projects in the water & sanitation sector;
· Flexibility to live in remote areas and challenging environments and to adapt to a dynamic environment, without losing sight of the objectives;
· Excellent knowledge of relevant computer programmes.
· Working experience in countries in the region and under similar challenging conditions and security constraints; working experience in Iraq is considered an asset;
· Be fluent in English; knowledge of Arabic is considered an asset.
How to apply
If you are interested, please kindly send your application and CV in English language to:
If possible, please kindly provide contact details of three reference persons,
Please kindly understand that only shortlisted candidates will receive a response.