Terms of Reference
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Master or Ph.D. Degree in river fish biology-ecology, with significant knowledge in large river fisheries;
- Has a strong knowledge and seven-year experience in designing and applying fish larvae monitoring in large tropical rivers, including the Mekong River;
- Has a strong knowledge and seven-year experience in river fish taxonomy, particularly fish larval identification;
- Has general statistical knowledge, multivariable analysis, and diversity index (including update-to-date or advanced programmes);
- Experience in undertaking fisheries or biological assessment and scientifically reporting;
- Excellent verbal communication ability, including ability to make positive and insightful contributions to the training-workshop and inspire learning motivation of trainees;
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- Besides required qualities, immediate availability will be considered as an advantage to the selection process.
Interested applicants may find more information about the position through the Terms of Reference on the top right corner of this page. MRC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Women are especially encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
The application, in a single PDF file, must include (i) a cover letter outlining clearly how the candidate meets the requirements of the position and (ii) a detailed CV by register at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LCF2DW8. The position title and division must be indicated in the cover letter. The MRC offers challenging job with attractive compensation package.
Closing date for applications: 18 March 2020