UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfil their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, hope
UNICEF Iraq works with government and partners to strengthen the protective environment for the most vulnerable children and women, and to improve children’s access to education, safe water, sanitation, and health services. In 2017, UNICEF, along with partners, reached more than 1.4 million displaced people with life-saving water and hygiene services, helped to keep more than 25,000 displaced children learning, delivered psycho-social support services to nearly 200,000 children, and supported vaccination of more than 5.5 million children against polio.
There is still much to be done. We are working against a backdrop of violence and political instability, and mass displacement has affected millions of children and families. By the start of 2017 an estimated 11 million people were in need of humanitarian assistance, around half of them children.
Join our team and help us make sure every child has a champion.
How can you make a difference?
The WASH Specialist supports the development, preparation, management, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the WASH programme within the country programme. The WASH Specialist provides technical guidance and management support throughout the programming processes, to facilitate the administration and achievement of the WASH-related output results in the country programme.
Key functions/accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Programme development and planning
- Programme management, monitoring and delivery of results
- Technical and operational support for programme implementation
- Humanitarian WASH preparedness and response
- Networking and partnership building
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have
- Education. An advanced university degree in one of the following fields is required: public health, social sciences, behavior change communication, sanitary engineering or another relevant technical field. Additional relevant post-graduate courses that complement/supplement the main degree are a strong asset. A first level university degree in combination with two (2) years additional qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Work experience. A minimum of five years of professional experience in WASH-related programmes in developing countries is required. Out of which, at least two years should be in the humanitarian situation (with UN-Govt-INGO).
- Language proficiency. Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate
UNICEF’s core values, core competencies and functional competencies, as follows:
View our competency framework at: http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/UNICEF_Competencies.pdf
- UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization. We are the first United Nations agency to be awarded the EDGE certification – the leading global standard for gender equality in the workplace.
- UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Opening Date Tue Mar 03 2020 09:00:00 GMT+0300 (Arabian Standard Time) Arabic Standard Time
Closing Date Mon Mar 16 2020 23:55:00 GMT+0300 (Arabian Standard Time)