Deadline: March 15, 2020
Interviews: April 1, 2020
Salary: PKR. 5,000,000/- pa with excellent benefits
It’s hard to believe that today 844 million people do not have clean water and 2.3 billion do not have a decent toilet – around one in three of the world’s population. Every two minutes a child under five dies from diarrheal diseases caused by poor water and sanitation.
WaterAid is looking for Head of Policy & Advocacy to play a vital role in our mission to make clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone, everywhere by 2030.
Working within the WaterAid Pakistan, the Head of Policy and Advocacy will overview;
- Support the strategic designing and implementation of I&E programmes for bringing about the transformational changes necessary to achieve sustainable WASH services for all.
- Design and launch issue-based advocacy campaigns at national and provincial level
- Analyse and review sector policies and plans and seek to influence government and foreign aid and assistance.
To be successful, you’ll need to have;
- Extensive experience in the relevant field.
- Experience in senior management position.
- Proven experience in water and sanitation sector in Pakistan context.
- Ability to conduct policy analysis, undertake cutting-edge research and advocacy as well as managing campaigns would be preferred
- Very strong policy influencing and strategic planning skills with demonstrated experience
- Proven experience of developing diverse donors’ successful funding proposals
- Proven experience of developing and leading programmes that deliver transformational change through the integration of learning.
We started because no NGO like us existed. We’ll end when no organisation like us is needed. In the meantime, we’re making great progress – since 1981, we have reached 25 million people with clean water and, since 2004, 24 million people with sanitation.
We’re looking for people who share a commitment to our vision. We’re looking for people with an appreciation and respect for different people and ideas, and the energy and expertise to help tackle the most important challenges.
In return, you can expect to get inspiration from the change you help make happen, a sense of belonging and the feeling of being part of a global community. You will also experience stimulation and fulfilment, the chance to grow, and space to be yourself at your best. This is our pledge to you.
Click on ‘Apply‘ to download the job description.
If you are interested in the position and have the right skills and attributes, please apply via http://wateraid.rozee.pk
Please note: to apply for this role you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in Pakistan.
WaterAid is committed to ensuring that wherever we work in the world there is no tolerance for the abuse of power, privilege or trust. WaterAid reinforces a culture of zero tolerance towards any form of inappropriate behaviour, abuse, harassment, or exploitation of any kind. The safeguarding of our beneficiaries, staff, volunteers and anyone working on our behalf, is our top priority, and we take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff and volunteers are required to share in this commitment through our Global Code of Conduct. We will conduct the most appropriate preemployment references and checks to ensure high standards are maintained.
WaterAid is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We particularly encourage applications from women who are underrepresented at this level in the organisation.
Only candidates shortlisted for interviewing will be contacted within two weeks of the closing date for applications.
No recruitment agencies please.