Are you passionate about doing comparative action-research in rural areas in collaboration with local communities and practitioners? Do you like to share and compare different ways of knowing? An exciting opportunity exists to work as a Postdoc Researcher in an international research project on groundwater governance within the Governance and Inclusive Development group at the Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences, with research carried out at the Amsterdam Institute of Social Science Research (AISSR).
What will you be doing?
The T2GS project aims to produce new understandings of and solutions to contemporary groundwater governance problems by comparatively studying promising grass-roots initiatives of people organizing around groundwater in places where pressures on the resource are particularly acute (India, Algeria, Morocco, USA, Peru, and Tanzania).
You’ll be responsible for:
- conducting research on groundwater governance, which includes literature reviews as well as fieldwork in selected project countries;(Supporting) the development of project outputs – scientific ones, as well as others – and organizing and facilitating dissemination activities;
- (supporting) day-to-day administration, management and coordination of the project;
- playing a key role in organizing and facilitating project workshops and meetings;
- helping develop robust approaches for learning across sites and people;
- any other duties that may arise, commensurate with the grade of the post.