Malteser International (MI) is working in Myanmar since 2001 and currently employs more than 350 national staff in Rakhine, Shan and Kayin states, where our work aims at ensuring communities have access to primary health care services. We also offer comprehensive WASH and disaster risk reduction/climate change adaptation solutions, and provide relief after disasters. MI strives to enable and empower the most vulnerable communities in marginalized areas through a participatory and sustainable approach.
As a WASH Officer (m/f/d), you will be responsible to Support in timely implementation of all WASH activities in respective field. Also, you will assist the Senior WASH Officer in efficient WASH Project management for improved quality and achievement of overall organizational target/objective.
- Support in timely implementation of all WASH activities in respective field
- Prepare monthly work plans and regular updates of the on-going activities with complete information, progress status and time lines
- Monitor the quality of work in the field including WASH in schools, communities and health facilities
- Support in establishing appropriate monitoring tools to ensure quality of works and guarantee proper control of construction materials and tools in the field with full accountability towards the organisation
- Prepare, design and lead WASH needs assessments, surveys and evaluations implemented in the target area including that of WASH under emergency response
- Inspect and assess quality of work both by contractors and MI constructors and make recommendations to the WASH Senior Officer, before work is approved and finalized
- Civil Engineer Degree ; AGTI (Civil), B.Tech (Civil) or B.E (Civil) with relevant focus on rural infrastructure
- At least 2 years of experience in implementation and supervision of rural infrastructure constructions (schools, rural heath/sub-health centres etc.), water supply and sanitation projects preferably with UN or NGOs
- Experienced in mobilizing community participation and support for WASH activities (contributions as well as the setting up of CBA such as water user groups and similar)
- Ability to facilitate trainings and workshops for technical staff, skilled workers and community members
- Fluent in both written and spoken English and Myanmar
- Excellent computer skills with MS Words, MS Excel & Power Point [compulsory] and skill in AutoCad is an asset
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Duty Station: Maungdaw Township, Rakhine State, Myanmar
- Duration of contract: October of 2020 (extendable depending on donor approval)
- Salary according to qualification and experience: 14th month salary, location specific allowance & Health Insurance
- Kindly note that this is a national position
If you are interested in this position, please apply online at our job portal.
Kindly submit your application (CV, letter of motivation, copies of diplomas, three professional references and your salary expectation) online until 14th March, 2020.
Malteser is an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all people, regardless of gender, confession, or origin.