EMPLOYER: Global Environment & Technology Foundation (GETF) www.getf.org
POSITION TITLE: GETF Local Project Coordinator (Consultant)
LOCATION: Mexico City
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Program Manager in Washington, D.C.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None
PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE: Consultancy will last one year to start with the potential for an extension
The Global Environment & Technology Foundation seeks an experienced water access, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) development professional as a Local Project Coordinator liaison for GETF (15 hours/week). The purpose of the GETF Local Project Coordinator position is to support the development, implementation and monitoring of assigned WASH project(s) in different regions within Mexico. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in project management and a demonstrated WASH-sector experience. He or she will be responsible for strategic planning, development, coordination, tracking and reporting activities for successful implementation of projects.
The GETF Local Project Coordinator will be responsible for the coordination and successful implementation of the WASH program, including support in the following areas:
- Overall project management and coordination in close consultation with key local and global partners, including The Coca-Cola Company, GETF and other partners
- Ensuring highest programmatic technical quality
- Supporting and advising program implementation
- Drafting internal and external reports, communications materials and terms of reference and promoting the exchange of best practices and innovative approaches
- Providing administrative support through substantive and financial follow-up and reporting.
- Coordinating activities with relevant implementing partners and other local stakeholders
- Meeting with the sponsors teams and carrying out field visits as necessary to remain up to date with progress of activities
- Communicating effectively with relevant internal and external stakeholders, including partners and donors; liaising between colleagues at GETF, donors and local teams to coordinate and monitor successful project delivery in a timely manner
- Delivering other relevant project-related support as requested by GETF.
The ideal candidate will possess the following abilities:
- Three years of WASH project coordination experience in Mexico (five years or more with demonstrated track record of success in project management is a plus)
- Strong project management and time-management skills
- Demonstrated ability to plan, meet deadlines, and efficiently manage multiple tasks and priorities under tight time constraints and in a highly organized manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication, research and analytical skills in both English and Spanish
- Engaging and enthusiasm to work with leaders and staff; ability to build and cultivate relationships with a broad range of local leaders, stakeholders, and community contacts
- Capable of working both independently and collaboratively; supervisory experience a plus
- A strong commitment to GETF’s mission
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a resume/curriculum vitae, cover letter, and salary requirements to [email protected] and include GETF LOCAL PROJECT COORDINATOR – MEXICO CITY in the subject line. No phone calls, please. Applications must be submitted no later than 5:00 PM GMT on Friday, March 27.
The Global Environment & Technology Foundation (GETF), established in 1988, is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with a mission to promote sustainable development through partnerships and targeted action. GETF works with public and private partners to build sustainable communities through the creation of high-impact partnerships, introducing new technologies and managing programs that have a lasting and positive impact on the world. GETF leads the management of the Replenish Africa Initiative (RAIN), which is the signature community initiative of The Coca-Cola Africa Foundation. Active in 41 African countries, RAIN will positively transform the lives of at least 6 million people in Africa by 2020 through sustainable safe water access. GETF also manages the Water and Development Alliance (WADA) and the Project Last Mile Partnership (PLM), both partnerships between The Coca-Cola Company and USAID. GETF also serves as the Secretariat for two high-impact water coalitions – Global Water Challenge and the US Water Partnership.
The Global Environment & Technology Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, creed, color, religion, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or marital status.